Job DescriptionCardno Acil Pty Ltd is the managing contractor for the Papua New Guinea (PNG) Law and Justice Sector Program (LJSP). The program is supported by AusAID as part of the Australian Government’s overseas aid program. The LJSP assists the Government of PNG to strengthen formal and informal law and justice systems.
We are currently seeking an experienced development practitioner for Community Based Corrections. This position offers a challenging and gratifying career move in achieving developmental goals working alongside PNG counterparts. This is a long term role and will be based in Port Moresby.
The position will require the following essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of contemporary practice, issues and trends that impact on adult and juvenile offenders who are in conflict with the law; particularly diversion, mediation and rehabilitation
- Experience in the criminal justice system
- An understanding of legislative and policy development and review relating to the criminal justice system
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the performance management cycle of planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of capacity development approaches and the ability to utilise a range of techniques to increase the confidence, skills and action of colleagues and team members
- An understanding of gender inequalities, HIV&AIDS and fraud and corruption issues; and a preparedness to mainstream these into development activities
- Ability to assess and work sensitively in a cross cultural context
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Desirable attributes include:
- Previous in-country development work experience at a senior level in both government and private enterprise sectors
- Proven experience in capacity development for government financial systems and processes
- An understanding and appreciation of PNG society and the advantages and constraints it may place on achieving change
To apply please download the Terms of Reference and the LJSP Application Form from our website
Please complete the application form and forward with a current CV to the Recruitment Consultant at , quoting job ref. number OS1436.
Cardno Acil Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is 2nd June 2008.
Cardno ACIL Pty Ltd
854 Glenferrie Road
HAWTHORN 3122 VIC
Tel: (61 3) 9819 2877
Fax: (61 3) 9819 4216
Email Address :