Programme Delivery: People Management
· Lead volunteer planning and delivery together with volunteer coordinators to support recruitment of a high performing team of volunteers.
· Manage volunteer coordinators performance, ensuring compliance with VSO policy, process and procedure.
· Develop and maintain monitoring tools to ensure that the resourcing framework and minimum standards are adhered to.
· Lead responsibility for ensuring volunteer emergencies are managed efficiently by Volunteer coordinator.
Programme Delivery: Capacity building and support
· Ensure volunteer coordinators are coach/trained to maintain knowledge and skills, and are informed of, and supported to adapt to our core approaches as well as changes on methodology, process or content.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance and the delivery of high-quality processes and policies within a global framework and standards.
· Provide guidance to volunteer coordinators on resourcing policies and processes,
· Demonstrate leadership in recruitment by building a comprehensive understanding of the recruitment needs of our organisation.
· Leadership of an efficient and effective safer recruitment process to our global teams
· Create a lifelong relationship and engagement of volunteers with VSO and with their communities and governments.
Work collaboratively with our Global Implementation Team to deliver our targets
· Accountable and responsible for maintaining effective engagement and professional ways of working with our VSO
Safeguarding, Security and Risk Management
Commit to VSO’s vision and values, including safeguarding and taking a zero-tolerance approach to abuse and harm. Ensure plans are developed and being implemented with the programme’s Duty of Care Lead team and stakeholders (staff, volunteer, primary actors, etc.) are aware and comply.
· At all times ensure that responsibilities and duties within this role comply with VSO’s Equal Opportunities Policy and safer recruitment guidelines and any other relevant policies and procedures.
· Assist Volunteer coordinators to establish a sustainability plan for the EOC after the volunteer leave.
· Provide regular data and analysis of about volunteer performance to the programme leadership team