QED’s full-time Community Engagement Specialist will coordinate and implement outreach, messaging, product development, and engagement for agriculture and food security stakeholders in the U.S. and throughout the world. This position will be dedicated to USAID’s Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training (KDLT) project. The project’s objective is to improve the USAID Bureau for Food Security (in transition to the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security) capacity for and quality of knowledge-sharing, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training in support of adaptive management of Feed the Future in alignment with the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS). Activities through KDLT will provide USAID, Feed the Future Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps to improve the effectiveness of Feed the Future programs, leading to strengthen resilience, improved nutrition and reduced poverty in Feed the Future target countries.
The Community Engagement Specialist for KDLT will work closely with the Digital Communication team members and other KDLT staff to ensure optimal integration across the learning spectrum with a focus on highly effective communication. This position will report to the Digital Communications Lead.
- Implement outreach and engagement efforts for KDLT using a range of different communication and knowledge sharing tools and techniques.
- Maintain and support content calendar for Agrilinks and any other project supported web platforms.
- Proofread and copy edit content prior to publication, web as well as print and multimedia as requested.
- Manage social media accounts relevant to Agrilinks and other KDLT knowledge sharing and web portfolio.
- Support ongoing communications with Agrilinks and other KDLT knowledge sharing and web portfolio content partners.
- Support implementation and dissemination of the Agrilinks and other KDLT supported newsletters and outreach efforts.
- Promote engagement and awareness around events connected to Agrilinks and broader KDLT knowledge sharing efforts.
- Contribute to the development of KDLT deliverables, including knowledge products and reporting requirements.
- Support the implementation of KDLT and RFS learning strategies.
- Work with the KDLT Advisors, Result Leads, and USAID partners as relevant to continuously identify needs and analyze results to develop new learning programs or modify and improve the effectiveness of existing programs.
- Embrace KDLT core values of collaboration, quality, mutual respect, and results in all work and engagement.
Education – Bachelor’s degree and work experience in a related field (i.e., international development, agriculture, communications, journalism)
Experience – A minimum of two years of relevant full-time work experience in the area of communications with a focus on the use of new media and user-centered design and processes (Drupal experience and a range of other software programs noted below a plus).
Key Skills -
- Experience in strategic communications, especially outreach and engagement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of food security and the enablers for agriculture-led economic growth in an international development context.
- Excellent organizational skills, with high attention to detail.
- Experienced and interested in managing and implementing an innovative and active social media presence under the direction of the Digital Communications Lead and wider KDLT team.
- Ability to listen, absorb, and synthesize, orally and in writing, the key themes from data gathered in interviews, background documents, and group discussions.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, Drupal, Adobe Connect and other KM and communication technologies strongly preferred.
- Flexibility to adapt to clients’ needs and user feedback.
- Creative thinker and communicator, and comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Interest and ability in building lasting relationships with clients and colleagues – a natural connector.
- Genuine and demonstrated curiosity about effective approaches to the individual, team, and organizational development and learning and how they can contribute to our clients’ success.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree a plus
- Interest and experience in applying technology for knowledge management and learning
- Life and/or work experience in developing countries
- Familiarity working with USAID
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.