Global Communities is seeking an experienced Community Engagement Team Lead for the anticipated USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (UDGE). This is a five year project with a projected budget of $ 57-60M. The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.”
The program will be managed from and focus on the Donbas region, with most activities taking place in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, as well as potentially in other southern and eastern Oblasts.
The Community Engagement Team Lead will oversee technical implementation of all program activities related to community engagement and community-driven development in the Activity.
The Community Engagement Lead will supervise a team of program coordinators, to implement technical assistance activities with communities to identify and manage community improvement projects, including small scale infrastructure and facilities improvement.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
* Technical experience in local development projects, community mobilization or organizing projects, international assistance programs on these issues, or other relevant areas.
* International project implementation experience preferred.
* Team management experience required.
* Strong English language skills.
* Fluent Ukrainian and Russian.
Local citizens are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.