Community Health Specialist, Health Performance Evaluation, Liberia
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies.
In Liberia, SI implements the Liberia Strategic Analysis (LSA) activity which provides USAID/Liberia with analytical and advisory services in support of strategic planning, project and activity design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning and adapting. LSA’s services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health, education, the environment, and economic growth.
USAID/Liberia has engaged LSA to conduct an external midterm performance evaluation of a health sector activity. This activity aims to strengthen the delivery of high quality community health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and social welfare services by providing technical and operational support to the Ministries of Health, Public Works, and Gender, Child, and Social Protection, as well as to civil society organizations.
The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to identify achievements, performance issues, and constraints related to activity implementation and effectiveness for course correction. The primary audiences are USAID/Liberia and the Government of Liberia.
The Community Health Specialist will be working alongside four additional team members: one team leader, two technical experts, and an evaluation specialist.
- Community Health Specialist with experience in designing and/or evaluating community-based health and social welfare services through technical assistance and capacity building of Government institutions and CSOs. Should have a background in behavior change strategies and working in partnership with CSOs to improve community-based health service delivery. It is an added benefit if the candidate has experience in conducting cost-effectiveness studies. At least eight (8) years of community health experience, and some experience managing or implementing research programs is preferable. Strong interpersonal skills and American English language speaking and writing skills also essential.
Collectively the team members must have experience in conducting both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis. Prior to their arrival in Liberia, all team members are required to familiarize themselves with USAID’s Evaluation Policy, with USAID’s publication outlining a good evaluation report, and with USAID’s checklist for assessing an evaluation report. Additionally, all team members should possess a strong familiarity with the political, economic, policy and educational context in Liberia.
Necessary Qualification (All candidates must meet the below qualifications):
- Experience in the administration of multi-faceted evaluation projects in developing countries
- Participated and/ or led the conduct of qualitative and/or performance evaluations
- Ability to conceptualize and structure evaluation activities and write clearly and concisely
Evaluation Skills (Candidates must have experience in at least one of the following):
- Qualitative research skills (Key informant interviews, focus group discussions, direct observation etc.)
- Transforming qualitative data
- Analyzing quantitative data and producing data visualization in an easily digestible format
The entire evaluation would be carried out over 10 - 13 weeks, with 2 weeks of preparatory time, 4 weeks in the field, 2 weeks of analysis and 2 weeks of report writing and editing. The approximate start date is early June 2017. The evaluation team should work six-day work weeks in Liberia. Travel to the field is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.