CDM Smith, a US-based Global Engineering & Construction Company, is looking for suitable candidates for Community Liaison Specialist position for its USAID’s Nepal Reconstruction Engineering Services (NRES) Project. This is a senior level key personnel position to lead the community engagement and social mobilization processes, while managing and supervising a team of social mobilizers in various geographical areas in Nepal.
The Community Liaison Specialist is primarily responsible for:
* Developing and overseeing the implementation of the Community Engagement Plan
* Facilitating resolution of possible conflicts during site selection and/or relocation for building new infrastructure.
* Coordinating and establishing working relationships with relevant technical offices within USAID/Nepal.
* Ensuring Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) throughout all stages of the project.
* Maintaining relationships with the community to keep them informed and obtain their preferences and consent in support of the project.
The Community Liaison Specialist must have the following minimum qualifications:
* A master’s degree in sociology/anthropology, conflict resolution, community mobilization, or other relevant degree with commensurate professional experience;
* Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in community engagement and conflict resolution in development projects preferably having construction components;
* Five years of professional experience working in Nepal or similar developing country context;
* Demonstrated high level organizational and record keeping skills with frequent travel to remote areas; and
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
About the Organization
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.