Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno is seeking a qualified Community & Outreach Strategist for a USAID-funded project in Vietnam. This is a short-term, remote position.
The Communications and Outreach Strategist must be results oriented, with demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative problem-solving. Strategist must have excellent writing, listening, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong presentation skills are also required. Strategist must have the ability to work collaboratively across offices and departments and with Senior Leadership to advance a shared mission. Strategist must have a history of strong written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Develop the “Stakeholder and Community Outreach Plan” required for the Bien Hoa Dioxin Remediation, balancing sensitive content production with varied public audiences and outreach goals.
- Ensure compliance with USAID marking and branding guidance and procedures, and work with Bien Hoa staff on adherence to the guidance and procedures for Bien Hoa implementing partners.
- Develop communications and outreach materials for specific audiences and stakeholders, including for missions and bureaus, the U.S. Government inter-agency, USAID policymakers, and the public.
- Create talking points, briefing materials, briefing books, and information packets for presentations as required by Bien Hoa staff, USAID leadership, and the Government of Vietnam agencies
- Draft press releases, media advisories and op-eds as requested.
- Develop social media content as requested, including blogs and more extensive compositions for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube sites.
- Develop content for Bien Hoa events, including conferences, internal USAID presentations, and public.
- Prepare materials for visits by high-level officials; as requested assist with advance work for event planning including scheduling and material production.
- Provide quality control, including proofreading, on all print and electronic public information produced by Bien Hoa’s colleagues.
- Provide input into Bien Hoa statements of work and program descriptions, as requested, on ways that public outreach activities could further increase the outcomes and impact of the Bien Hoa project activities.
- Have existing network or quickly build and maintain a network of contacts with other communication specialists – including USAID bureaus, missions, other U.S. Government entities, media outlets, and international organizations – to ensure consistent messaging and best practices in communications and outreach.
- Travel to Bien Hoa (pending COVID-19 travel regulations) to development Stakeholder and Community Outreach Plan, in collaboration for with Bien Hoa staff and USAID COR/AOR.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance USAID mission goals.
- Masters degree with 10 years of experience working in strategic communications or related field, or Bachelors degree with 15 years of experience in strategic communications or related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a USAID branding strategy.
- Ability to transform technical jargon into communications messages for a variety of audiences, including the public, other USAID stakeholders, and local government stakeholders.
- Extensive experience writing, editing, and placing pieces in a variety of print and social media channels.
- Knowledge of Vietnamese cultural and political context.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization