The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Programme are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs &Trade (DFAT).
The Compliance Administrator will provide support to the Pacific Labour Facility Demand Team with the relevant financial, legal and operational compliance procedures and administrative processes, to maximise demand for Pacific workers in Australia.
Under the direction of the Industry Compliance & Process Manager, the Compliance Administrator will undertake the following duties:
* Manage all initial email and phone communication and inquiries from prospective and current employers. Ensure to respond and follow-up all correspondence in a timely manner. Ensure all attachments are filed and labelled for easy retrieval.
* Manage and collate all relevant data for weekly or periodic reporting to DFAT.
* Assist with any formatting and preparation of presentations for project deliverables.
* Manage schedule and set-up reminders to follow-up on necessary employer compliance checks.
* Updating any relevant documentation and processes or flowcharts when there are amendments.
* Assist employers with administration throughout the application process by providing comprehensive, accurate and timely information, templates, contact details etc.
* Assist LMD Lead and Demand Team members with any necessary administrative duties, such as budget preparation, site visits and general compliance.
* Regularly review and update formal application and assessment processes to facilitate employers’ entry into the Scheme and their recruitment of workers.
* Maintain accurate records and systematic filing and retrieving of all compliance findings and activities.
* Assist with maintenance of database contact lists, filing and master-file updates and reporting including Demand team presentations to DFAT or employers.
The Compliance Administrator will possess the following qualifications and experience:
* Qualifications in a relevant discipline
* Relevant work experience in operational co-ordination or administration and industry compliance.
* A strong understanding and practical experience of administration, compliance and co-ordination with multiple internal teams and external stakeholders in a government/corporate environment.
* High level of interpersonal skills through project management and customer/client relationship management.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Highly organized and strong in documentation and filing.
* Methodical with good attention to detail.
* Completes work with minimal supervision and high level of accuracy
* Microsoft Windows Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Location(s): Australia - Queensland - Brisbane
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.