Burma: Economic Restructuring Activity
Component 2: Economic Reforms and Intervention Technical Lead
AECOM International Development is seeking an Economic Reforms and Intervention Technical Lead for the anticipated USAID Economic Restructuring Activity in Burma. The anticipated Activity will aim to advance reforms that support the political and economic transformation of the country towards a modern and market-based economy that generates prosperity and builds political support for further democratic reform. This will be accomplished through the following four intervention areas:
- Capacity to manage economic reforms increased
- High priority economic reforms facilitated
- Improved financial system
- Economic reforms effectively communicated
The Economic Reforms and Intervention Technical Lead will be responsible for working closely with the Capacity Building Technical Lead in order to ensure that high priority economic reform is prioritized by the technical interventions.
- Lead the technical team in the creation of a comprehensive political economy analysis to effectively inform and facilitate policy decisions
- Work with embedded policy advisors to facilitate dialogue around prioritized and targeted reform efforts
- Collaborate closely with the Capacity Building Technical Lead to identify and prioritize the content and government offices to focus training efforts on
- Manage and organize the drafting and reviewing of documents required by the government to advance and achieve reform
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation component lead to effectively utilize monitoring and follow-up systems, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject Economics, Political Science, Governance, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience working for or closely with public institutions in Burma
- Experience working on USAID funded projects highly preferred
- Experience managing grants and evaluating grantee organizations
- Experience managing, organizing and implementing training in the specified technical area
- Experience and knowledge of IT platforms and systems implementation highly desirable
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Burmese highly preferred
About the OrganizationAECOM International Development is a global economic and infrastructure development firm promoting higher living standards in emerging markets, through the provision of high-quality technical advisory services to governments and the private sector.
AECOM is a member of the 32,000-strong AECOM family. This allows us to tap into a wide network of professional technical and management support service expertise. In return, we provide AECOM with fresh perspectives and opportunities in the area of international development. This partnership has expanded our project base while further improving the quality of our services.
AECOM serves as the focal point for AECOM’s sustainable development services in the fast-growing emerging markets sector, providing support services to United States government agencies, multi- and bilateral donors, and private sector clients worldwide. AECOM currently has more than 400 professionals in 60 countries working in economic growth, environment and regional development, industrial and commercial area development, democracy and governance, humanitarian response and stabilization, and infrastructure and facilities.
AECOM was formed by the combination of PADCO, a Washington, DC-based AECOM subsidiary, and TSG, an Arlington, Virginia, international development services firm. AECOM International Development offers clients a broad array of technical expertise and access to the global knowledge and local networks of AECOM’s worldwide operations of 32,000 employees and annual revenues in excess of $4.2 billion.
AECOM will draw on global excellence in a wide range of business areas, including AECOM’s renowned environment, transportation, and engineering practices, and will continue to deliver the high-quality results that reflect the proud histories of both PADCO and TSG.