Component 2 Lead, Value Chain Linkages
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium seeks a Component 2 Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Business Egypt project. This activity will increase income and employment in Egypt, with a focus on youth and women, by assisting the Egyptian government and private sector to encourage new entrants into the market and help firms grow and expand by raising firm-level productivity. The activity will: a) promote the growth of Egyptian micro, small, and medium-sized firms by building on USAID’s work to improve access to business development and financial services and partnering with the private sector to catalyze new investment and expansion that includes increasing their skilled workforce; and b) improve policies and regulations that affect firm-level productivity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Component 2 Lead will report to the COP. S/he will promote value chain linkages between anchor firms and SMEs.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new value chain contacts for anchor firms and SMEs
- Provide support to strengthen existing anchor firm linkages with SMEs for buyer-led growth
- Promote access to finance and investment opportunities
- Design and lead activities to improve women, youth and vulnerable population access to finance and business development services
- Share results and contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning with project leadership, Palladium, and USAID
- Contribute to effective internal and external project communications
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in business, economics, engineering, marketing, finance, or other closely related field
- Prior work experience with value chain and anchor firms in Egypt
- Prior work experience promoting access to finance
- Prior senior management experience collaborating with Egyptian institutions promoting SME and value chain connection
- Prior experience working with donor projects is required
- Experience supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs
- Strong leadership, program, organizational management and oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required