Burma: Economic Restructuring Activity
Component 3: Financial Systems Technical Lead
AECOM International Development is seeking an Economic Capacity Building Technical Lead for the anticipated USAID Economic Restructuring Activity in Burma. The anticipated Activity will aim to advance reforms that support the political and economic transformation of the country towards a modern and market-based economy that generates prosperity and builds political support for further democratic reform. This will be accomplished through the following four intervention areas:
- Capacity to manage economic reforms increased
- High priority economic reforms facilitated
- Improved financial system
- Economic reforms effectively communicated
The Financial Systems Technical Lead will be responsible for working with government officials and key stakeholders in the planning and execution of reform efforts for the establishment of a sound financial sector. The Financial Systems Technical Lead will support the efforts of private stake holders (commercial banks, insurance and microfinance companies, etc.) to contribute and participate in government reform initiatives.
- Leading efforts to work with private stakeholders to adopt best practices in financial systems
- Introduce and pilot innovative financing models that expand lending for food systems development, and small business reform
- Work with both firms and regulators to modernize money service businesses
- Assembling business plans and forecasts in order to best mobilize resources for clean, off-grid energy solutions
- Facilitate the development and oversight of USAID credit guarantees, coordinating directly with USAID to determine the extent such guarantees will be utilized under the USAID Development Credit Authority
- Effectively communicates results and learning with project leadership, AECOM, and USAID.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject Finance, Business, Economics, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience working for or closely with financial institutions in Burma
- Experience working on USAID funded projects highly preferred
- Experience managing, organizing and implementing financial systems capacity development in Burma
- Experience and knowledge of IT platforms and systems implementation highly desirable
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Burmese highly preferred
About the OrganizationAECOM International Development is a global economic and infrastructure development firm promoting higher living standards in emerging markets, through the provision of high-quality technical advisory services to governments and the private sector.
AECOM is a member of the 32,000-strong AECOM family. This allows us to tap into a wide network of professional technical and management support service expertise. In return, we provide AECOM with fresh perspectives and opportunities in the area of international development. This partnership has expanded our project base while further improving the quality of our services.
AECOM serves as the focal point for AECOM’s sustainable development services in the fast-growing emerging markets sector, providing support services to United States government agencies, multi- and bilateral donors, and private sector clients worldwide. AECOM currently has more than 400 professionals in 60 countries working in economic growth, environment and regional development, industrial and commercial area development, democracy and governance, humanitarian response and stabilization, and infrastructure and facilities.
AECOM was formed by the combination of PADCO, a Washington, DC-based AECOM subsidiary, and TSG, an Arlington, Virginia, international development services firm. AECOM International Development offers clients a broad array of technical expertise and access to the global knowledge and local networks of AECOM’s worldwide operations of 32,000 employees and annual revenues in excess of $4.2 billion.
AECOM will draw on global excellence in a wide range of business areas, including AECOM’s renowned environment, transportation, and engineering practices, and will continue to deliver the high-quality results that reflect the proud histories of both PADCO and TSG.