Burma: Economic Restructuring Activity
Component 4: Economic Reform and Strategic Communications Lead
AECOM International Development is seeking a Economic Reform and Strategic Communications Lead for the anticipated USAID Economic Restructuring Activity in Burma. The anticipated Activity will aim to advance reforms that support the political and economic transformation of the country towards a modern and market-based economy that generates prosperity and builds political support for further democratic reform.This will be accomplished through the following four intervention areas:
- Capacity to manage economic reforms increased
- High priority economic reforms facilitated
- Improved financial system
- Economic reforms effectively communicated
The Economic Reform and Strategic Communicatons Lead will work directly with the government and civil society organizations to effectively communicate the economic reform agenda and achievements with the goal of increaling the public’s awareness of recent reforms and association of reform with newly established government structure.
- Works closely with key government offices and/or civil society organizations to develop communications strategies
- Develop communications material for the government and civil society
- Work with selected government officials to improve the capacity for effective economic communication
- Manage and implement a public opinion survey to determine the most effective economic messaging and communication channels
- Effectively communicates results and learning with project leadership, AECOM, and USAID.
- Develops strategies to target marginalized communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject Communications, Business, Economics, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience in strategic communications and government affairs
- Experience working on USAID funded projects highly preferred
- Experiene managing, organizing and implementing communications strategies in the development context
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Burmese highly preferred
*Please submit your CV by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Comp 4 Lead Application
About the OrganizationAECOM International Development is a global economic and infrastructure development firm promoting higher living standards in emerging markets, through the provision of high-quality technical advisory services to governments and the private sector.
AECOM is a member of the 32,000-strong AECOM family. This allows us to tap into a wide network of professional technical and management support service expertise. In return, we provide AECOM with fresh perspectives and opportunities in the area of international development. This partnership has expanded our project base while further improving the quality of our services.
AECOM serves as the focal point for AECOM’s sustainable development services in the fast-growing emerging markets sector, providing support services to United States government agencies, multi- and bilateral donors, and private sector clients worldwide. AECOM currently has more than 400 professionals in 60 countries working in economic growth, environment and regional development, industrial and commercial area development, democracy and governance, humanitarian response and stabilization, and infrastructure and facilities.
AECOM was formed by the combination of PADCO, a Washington, DC-based AECOM subsidiary, and TSG, an Arlington, Virginia, international development services firm. AECOM International Development offers clients a broad array of technical expertise and access to the global knowledge and local networks of AECOM’s worldwide operations of 32,000 employees and annual revenues in excess of $4.2 billion.
AECOM will draw on global excellence in a wide range of business areas, including AECOM’s renowned environment, transportation, and engineering practices, and will continue to deliver the high-quality results that reflect the proud histories of both PADCO and TSG.