Position: COMPONENT LEAD (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (with TDY to Kabul)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for COMPONENT LEAD (CMS) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Team (DCOT-A)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for COMPONENT LEAD (CMS) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan
Duties: The Case Management System (CMS) Component Lead shall:
- Oversee the Deputy Component Lead (DCL), Section Lead (SL), Deputy Section Lead (DSL), CMS Senior Advisor, and the US and Afghanistan based application development teams in advising and assisting with the management of the current CMS application and the development and implementation of the CMS version 2.0, including transition of the use of the current CMS application to the CMS 2.0 and the migration of data in the CMS to CMS 2.0
- Provide direct technical support and expertise in furthering CMS advancement and achieving related JSSP deliverables and programmatic objectives
- Advise and assist justice institution stakeholders, including the CMS Monitoring Board, Justice Sector Policy Group and case management offices on the development of a caseflow management strategy and policies and procedures for the use of the current CMS and CMS 2.0 applications to support caseflow management
- Draft and edit CMS-related reports and deliverables, including project success stories
- Advise and assist counterparts in performing their functions related to the use of the CMS application, including developing policies, plans and projects to successfully transition from CMS to CMS 2.0 and to transfer responsibility for the administration and maintenance of the CMS to the GIRoA
- Oversee the implementation of the CMS office workload, electrical situation assessments, and internet service assessments
- Oversee the creation of role-based CMS training materials
- Oversee the implementation of CMS pilot programs
- In conjunction with international and Afghan advisors, identify needs within the GIRoA’s justice institutions to successfully transition the CMS
- Assist and advise counterparts in the development of a revised CMS Transition Plan
- Liaise with other U.S. Government and GIRoA offices and coordinate activities to achieve established objectives
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Conduct meetings to further overall JSSP programmatic delivery at both the U.S. Embassy/INL-Kabul and GIRoA ministries and departments as permitted by security protocols
- Active engagement of JSSP M&E Team and Knowledge Management Advisor to ensure that relevant CMS information and data are accurately reflected in project documents
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/K and INL/AP
- Supervise the CMS team in Kabul on planning, managing, coordinating and implementing the CMS Transition Plan within justice institutions in Kabul
- Attend CMS related meetings and other meetings as required
- Manage and evaluate the performance of the CMS Deputy Component Lead, CMS local staff, and project operations in assigned areas
- Ensure the CMS project is running properly, and that CMS related milestones are achieved on time, within cost, and to expected quality
- Prepare reports on CMS implementation, usage, and transition
- Mentor and develop internal capacity of JSSP Afghan staff to prepare for transition
- Motivate CMS team members to encourage the GIRoA officials to utilize CMS reports
- Assist in identifying and screening short-term and long-term candidates for CMS
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience
- A minimum of four years’ substantive experience in a field relevant to their position
- A minimum of two years’ international experience, including development programs
- A juris doctor or relevant master’s degree from an accredited institution
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Afghan governmental structure and processes excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as SMAs will be the primary interlocutors with Afghan government officials, and must set a positive, motivating and constructive tone for mentees/advisees. Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
- Provide past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work creatively and effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, dry hooches, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.