Position: COMPONENT Lead Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan (with possibility of being based in Dubai, the United States, or other location approved by client)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: DCOT-A
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for COMPONENT Lead Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The M&E Component Lead shall:
- Directly manage and monitor the performance of OCB component staff and consultants
- Oversee the drafting of M&E plans and collection of baseline data, quantitative and qualitative data, and impact data to determine the advancement of JSSP in reaching programmatic deliverables
- Update PRO Plan by identifying outcomes and performance indicators to monitor progress on objectives set forth in the JSSP Scope of Work and Work Plan
- Support the M&E SL and DSL to ensure data is collected from M&E advisors on a weekly basis
- Draft and implement data validation plan to ensure the accuracy of the data collected and received from M&E advisors
- Contribute to project reports, deliverables and success stories to confirm accuracy of reported information and ensure programmatic impact is captured
- Draft and edit the quantitative and qualitative analysis sections for project reports and deliverables
- Ensure all deliverables and reports provide meaningful and impactful analysis of JSSP progress to CMS transition
- Coordinate closely with JSSP Management to track technical implementation and progress towards objectives and deadlines
- Contribute to the development of M&E plans for all JSSP training and mentoring activities including pre- and post-test evaluations
- Coordinate with all components to maintain record keeping on all statistics related to JSSP activities
- Be responsible for ensuring that JSSP activities are in line with benchmarks and outputs detailed in the Work Plan
- Regularly advise the DCOT-A and COT JSSP’s status to meeting the performance targets set forth in contractual documents
- Assist JSSP components in revision of GIRoA institutional counterpart strategies as required
- Coordinate with INL on requests for results-based outcomes and validation and ensure data is regularly entered into DevResults
- Conduct meetings that further overall JSSP programmatic delivery at both the U.S. Embassy/INL-Kabul and GIRoA ministries and departments as permitted by security protocols
- Active engagement of Knowledge Management Advisor to ensure that relevant M&E information and data are accurately reflected in project documents
- Liaise directly with the INL/AP M&E Unit and rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/K and INL/AP
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience
- A minimum of four years’ substantive experience in a field relevant to their position
- A minimum of two years’ international experience, including development programs
- A juris doctor or relevant master’s degree from an accredited institution
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Afghan governmental structure and processes excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as SMAs will be the primary interlocutors with Afghan government officials, and must set a positive, motivating and constructive tone for mentees/advisees. Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
- Provide past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work creatively and effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, dry hooches, etc.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.