Component Lead (Operation Capacity Building)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to be considered for Component Lead of the Operation Capacity Building (OCB) activities on the INL funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Component Lead will directly manage and monitor the performance of OCB component staff and consultants and will oversee OCB activities to train, mentor, and build the capacities of GIRoA institutional counterparts in the functional areas of policy and planning, human resources, procurement, and budgeting
* Provide direct support in the development of trainings and mentoring strategies following initial assessments of training and mentoring functions at each institution;
* Advise embedded staff at each institution in enhancing inter-departmental coordination and communication;
* Liaise with the MOJ, AGO, Supreme Court, and MOWA, the U.S Government and other stakeholders to coordinate activities and achieve established objectives;
* Mentor and develop internal capacity of JSSP Afghan staff to prepare for transition;
* Actively engage with JSSP M&E Team and Knowledge Management Advisor to ensure that relevant OCB information and data are accurately reflected in project documents;
* Oversee the development and implementation of tailored training and mentoring programs for GIRoA personnel with the goal of adequately equipping the staff to provide in-house training;
* Assist the policy and planning department at each institution to draft and/or finalize its long term strategic plan;
* Assist each institution to devise an effective mechanism for implementation of long term (5 year) strategies;
* Coordinate closely with officials and departments of each institution to maintain full engagement in transition activities, building capacity and achieving self-sufficiency to enable in-house training;
* Lead efforts for integration of CMS within the targeted departments at each institution;
* Provide direct support to OCB Component including drafting and editing of relevant technical documents, reports and success stories.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* JD or relevant master’s degree from an accredited institution required;
* At least 10 years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience required;
* Minimum 4 years of substantive experience in a field relevant to the position required;
* Minimum 2 years of experience working on international development programs required;
* Comprehensive understanding of the Afghanistan governmental structure and processes;
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing;
* Must be an energetic and enthusiastic and positive team player, strongly motivating and collaborative;
* Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners;
* Superior interpersonal skills which include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner;
* Must be willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed;
* Must be able to adapt to changes in a fast paced, stressful, and intense work environment and maintain a positive attitude;
* Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in Arabic or Pashtu helpful;
* Must be an American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN);
* Ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) Clearance required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity;
* A current resume / CV in reverse chronological format;
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.