Position: COMPONENT LEAD Organizational Capacity Building (OCB)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (with TDY to Kabul)
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Chief of Team (COT)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for COMPONENT LEAD Organizational Capacity Building (OCB) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The OCB Component Lead shall:
- Directly manage and monitor the performance of the Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)’s Organizational Capacity Building (OCB) component staff and consultants
- Oversee OCB activities to train, mentor, and build the capacities of GIRoA institutional counterparts in the functional areas of policy and planning, human resources, procurement, and budgeting
- Provide direct support in the development of trainings and mentoring strategies following initial assessments of training and mentoring functions at each institution
- Advise embedded staff at each institution in enhancing inter-departmental coordination and communication
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations and best practices related to GIRoA policy and planning, budgeting, procurement, human resources, and organizational capacity building strategies
- Liaise with the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), the Attorney General’s Office (AGO), the Supreme Court, the Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), the U.S Government and other stakeholders to coordinate activities and achieve established objectives
- Mentor and develop internal capacity of JSSP Afghan staff to prepare for transition
- Participate in strategic planning and other high-level meetings with GIRoA counterparts and other stakeholders, socializing and forwarding JSSP objectives with regards to OCB and a sustainable JSSP transition
- Ensure the relevant departments at each counterpart institution are focused on and capable of staffing an in-house training department
- Oversee the development and implementation of tailored training and mentoring programs for GIRoA personnel with the goal of adequately equipping the staff to provide in-house training
- Assist the policy and planning department at each institution to draft and/or finalize its long-term strategic plan
- Assist each institution to devise an effective mechanism for implementation of long term (5 year) strategies
- Coordinate closely with officials and departments of each institution to maintain full engagement in transition activities, building capacity and achieving self-sufficiency to enable in-house training
- In collaboration with the CMS team, lead efforts for integration of CMS within the targeted departments at each institution
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL/K and INL/AP
- Draft and edit OCB-related reports and deliverables, including project success stories
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience and a Bachelor’s degree; master’s preferred
- A minimum of four years of experience in the fields of education, training, adult learning, continuing education, Training of Trainers (ToT), curriculum development and capacity building
- A minimum of two years’ international experience, including development programs
- Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners.
- Superior interpersonal skills; the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.