Requisition ID: req2214
Job Title: Consortium Director
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Jordan-Amman - Shimesani
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Since 2012, the IRC has been working in Southern Syria for implementing programming focused on livelihoods, health, and protection. To date, we provided services to approximately 700,000 clients in affected communities across Southern Syria.
Position Summary: IRC is seeking a Consortium Director for a two-year, $50 million program funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). The program targets health and nutrition; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH); and shelter activities throughout Southern Syria to support conflict-affected populations in communities, camps, and transient sites. The consortium is designed to promote an integrated approach to addressing the ongoing health, WASH, and shelter needs of affected populations and to provide a rapid response to acute emergencies such as new large-scale displacements.
This position will report to the Country Director and is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding. It is anticipated to begin in October 2018.
The Consortium Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of the program, providing overall technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management, with a focus on achieving the results defined in this multi-year agreement. The Consortium Director is accountable for both the program quality and for the effective financial and operational management. The Consortium Director will also serve as primary representative with OFDA. S/he will drive the Consortium governance structures, including the Steering Committee and Program Management Unit. The Consortium Director will guide programmatic integration in implementation and the timely submission of all deliverables to OFDA, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, ad hoc and regular reporting. S/he will also collaborate with key IRC Syria staff to ensure the OFDA-funded program aligns with the overall South Syria program portfolio and overall Syria programmatic approaches.
Please note that this position will only be filled if the funding is awarded by the donor.
* Master’s Degree in related field is highly desirable. Bachelor’s Degree is required.
* Minimum eight years of professional experience in implementing emergency programs, with a minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role in a large scale emergency response
* Experience in project implementation as well as strong managerial and operational leadership
* Expertise in health, nutrition, shelter and/or WASH sectors is ideal
* Experience in managing USG funding and familiarity with federal regulations is critical
* Demonstrated experience in management of OFDA projects with substantial sub grant components (including managing grants to international and national organizations)
* Previous Chief of Party or Project Director experience is preferred
* Strengths in inspiring and enabling others through teamwork, training, and capacity building to realize organizational objectives
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Arabic language skills preferred
* Familiarity with the political, social, cultural, humanitarian and donor context of Syria is ideal