Blumont is seeking is seeking a qualified Construction Manager for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Lebanon. The strategic focus of USAID/Lebanon’s activities is to help Lebanon become stable and self-reliant in the long-term. Underpinning this strategic approach is the Mission’s emphasis on creating more jobs through private sector engagement and more effective educational institutions as well as improving the delivery of essential services by strengthening public institutions, community capacity and management of key resources. In the latter instance, if essential public services are delivered in a more effective and self-reliant manner, then Lebanese communities will experience less competition and conflict over resources, an improved quality of life, and increased public confidence in governmental bodies.
S/he will be responsible for providing construction management services including overall direction and close project monitoring, inspection and overall management of construction projects to assure construction contractor compliance with all specifications and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) regulations including quality control, schedules, guarantees, and other contract terms and conditions as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to developing and implementing systems to ensure that construction contractors’ quality and safety standards meet requirements; assist in the periodic updating of program standards/procedures and training of project staff; participate in oversight of local program staff
- Be proactive in identifying any changes in scope, time, or budget in construction activities
- Participate in monitoring construction progress – including analysis and reporting on any anticipated delays that might impact the timeliness of the construction contractor’s performance
- Responsible for the timely communication of contract issues with the Program Construction Manager, the construction contractor, and the site team
- Support the Program Construction Manager’s role as the primary liaison between the project, USAID, and other necessary government representatives for construction related issues
- Bachelor’s degree (civil or environmental engineering, construction management or closely related field) and at least 5 years of construction management or related experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in construction management on infrastructure projects
- Professional registration as an engineer or a construction manager
- English language fluency, as well as excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience preparing reports for USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership experience and the ability to work in cross-cultural situations with political, cultural and ethnic sensitivities and security environments similar to those found throughout the Middle East
- Construction Safety Training (minimum OSHA 10 level or equivalent)
- Fluency in English abilities in Arabic highly preferred.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.