Sheladia is currently seeking experts for an upcoming project in Afghanistan. This project is a Construction Supervision for the construction of Qaisar-Dari-E-Bum Road.
The Consultants will have all-encompassing project management, and construction supervision responsibilities for the civil work Contracts.
Sheladia is looking for the following positions with the required requirements:
Team Leader/Senior Highway Engineer-
- Civil engineer or highway engineer
- Postgraduate degree in road engineering or associated fields, who
- 20 years’ experience
- Expert in road construction supervision. Experience in managing multidisciplinary and multinational teams for 3 similar assignments; and has successfully completed assignments of a similar nature including hands-on experience in maintaining records, advising with the day-to-day coordination of works, supervising and certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions, preparing various project reports, and coordinating the review and update of designs and cost estimates as required
Sr. Bridge/Geotechnical Engineer-
- Degree in civil engineering, with preference being given to candidates holding a postgraduate degree in structural engineering with extensive geotechnical experience.
- 12 years’ experience or more, of which 10 years shall be in structural design of concrete structures, demonstrating
- Experience in design and construction of bridges and other road project structures; experience on various structural designs and documentations including design of all required earthworks including roadway embankments, retaining walls, drainage and any other required structures
- Experience in rock excavation and removal for roadway structures and embankments; and supervision of the work of field teams with respect to certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions
Sr. Resident Engineer-
- Degree in civil or highway engineering
- 15 years of experience or more with 10 years of experience in similar positions and assignments involving design and construction and management of large road projects, as well as contract administration
- 3 previous assignments as resident engineer for the construction of flexible AC pavements for highways or airport runways
- Familiar with various international standards for design and construction including staging of works and various methods of construction including: temporary works, construction planning, scheduling and progress monitoring, implementing a security plan, assigning equipment and personnel, testing and field trials, and “as-built” drawings
- Must have 10 years of government, military, and/or police service, or equivalent private sector security-related experience
- Experience in establishing security policies and procedures relating to police/military and/or investigation agencies and good knowledge of the UN Security Management System
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the functions of multilateral donor organizations and their field operations
- Area knowledge and experience in Afghanistan
- Demonstrated experience in crisis management and operating in difficult circumstances and conditions
- Strong written and verbal briefing and reporting skills including an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Demonstrated experience in operating in a multicultural environment
*ALL positions must have Regional Experience in Central Asia*
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an award –winning, multi-disciplinary A&E firm with a reputation for excellence in Structures and Facilities, Transportation Infrastructure, Energy, Rural Development, and Water Resources & Sanitation. We provide technical assistance and architectural & engineering services in numerous sectors, including agriculture; architecture; energy; irrigation and water resources; transportation; and water supply, health and education for government agencies, communities, and other stakeholders. We also offer assistance in procurement and sector-wide monitoring & evaluation. Services provided include construction management, architectural and engineering design, planning, feasibility studies, procurement assistance, specifications development, drafting of terms of reference, tendering assistance, contract management, institutional strengthening, training, and capacity building.
SHELADIA has worked in Africa, Asia, and the Americas, successfully implementing projects for US Government Agencies such as USAID, multi-lateral agencies (World Bank, ADB, African Development Bank), host governments, and private sector clients. We are dedicated to crosscutting areas of procurement, monitoring and evaluation, private sector participation, and social development, which have also been a key element of many of our projects in all sectors.