Procurement Specialist (part-time consultant)
About the project
CowaterSogema International Inc. is recruiting for an upcoming project that aims to enhance the social and economic well-being of women and vulnerable communities in the renewable energy sector in Cuba.
Summary of Position
The Procurement Specialist will have the overall responsibility to oversee the procurement and delivery of goods and services, including the procurement of RE equipment, in accordance with the Procurement Plan.
- Work with Project team and partners to design and deliver a Procurement Plan;
- Ensure that procurement activities carried out adhere to the following principles:
- Competition for supply of goods and services
- Pre-determined, clear evaluation of selection methods to ensure best value for money
- Prompt and transparent notification to winning and losing bidders; and
- Justification, including evidence of fair price in the event of non-competitive procurement, recorded on file.
For each procurement campaign:
- Perform a review of the equipment to be acquired list on an on-going basis
- Review tender documents prepared before submission for bids
- Be present at the opening of sealed bids
- Review relevant tender documents including, vendor bids, supplier evaluations, tender evaluations
- Perform a review of the bid prices to ensure that they are within tolerable limits
- Review vendor invoices to ensure they are as bid
- On-site audit of goods received throughout the project
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in procurement, accounting, business administration or field related to international development.
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement in Latin America, preferably Cuba, for multi-year development projects of $1.5 million Canadian dollars or more.
- At least 5 years of experience in procuring equipment, machinery, and tools, and expediting and managing international imports, in Latin America, preferably Cuba.
- Experience in working in projects involving procurement including developing procurement strategies and/or drafting procurement plans located in Latin America, preferably Cuba.
- Experience in developing procurement strategy and/or in conducting procurement processes competitively in Latin America, preferably Cuba.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders;
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy sector considered an asset.
- Applicant must be Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
All applications are to be submitted through http://www.cowatersogema.com/job-listings. Candidates are encouraged to apply before September 27, 2019.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.