Chemonics seeks a consultant working 50% time for approximately 4-6 months to provide clinical expertise on oxygen provision medical equipment and services. The consultant will work with the Chemonics Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM) team based in Arlington, VA. The GHSC-PSM program is preparing to provide assistance to focus and optimize the oxygen supply chain in response to COVID-19. The consultant will be responsible for identifying and engaging global and local clinical subcontractors in the focus and optimize countries to provide clinical technical assistance in the provision of oxygen. S/he will provide oversight to the technical assistance partners and will work closely with the GHSC-PSM team to ensure the installation and commissioning of the procured equipment for delivery of oxygen takes place at identified sites. The preferred candidate would be based in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership in program
- Provide oversight to clinical sub-contractors and ensure effective capacity building of in-country health care workers located at designated sites
- Ensure sub-contractors develop high quality training manuals, job aids and other instruction materials required for the safe delivery of oxygen to patients
- Facilitate learning and cross fertilization among partners and countries
- Identify and engage global and local clinical sub-contractors with expertise in the delivery of oxygen to patients with COVID-19
- Develop SOWs and budgets for sub-contractors to deliver services
- Monitor budgets and submit quarterly reports the client
- Participate in meetings with clients and provide updates on the clinical aspects of the project
- Work closely with the non-clinical partners and act as the clinical liaison to ensure oxygen supply and oxygen related equipment is procured, delivered, installed and commissioned in a timely manner at designated sites
- Clinical degree (RN, NP, PA, MD) required. Master’s in public health in addition to a clinical degree is desired
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in clinical settings in low- and middle-income countries is necessary
- Demonstrated expertise in the management of patients requiring oxygen
- Strong leadership, coordination and capacity building skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and culture
- Prior experience working with USAID is beneficial
- Ability to travel when needed
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French or Spanish preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Senior Clinical Director” in the subject line to GHDOps@chemonics.com by November 11, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.