Consultancy Purpose: WVUS is seeking consultants to write and edit winning project proposals for USG and private funding donors. These include:
- Early Grade Reading; Youth Workforce Development; Child Protection; Child Labor Prevention; Disability; Food Security; Health; WASH;
Consultants will be part of a pool and used according to their skillset and availability. Technical knowledge of one or more sectors is desirable but not essential. The consultant will be part of a team that included technical experts, finance officer and a proposal manager.
- Write, proofread, and edit proposals for institutional and private funding donors that achieve the highest level of quality consistent with WV corporate identity, brand message, and industry standards. Written copy may include, but not limited to the following:
- Grant proposals
- Concept Notes
- Capacity statements
- Requests for Information
- Past Performance References
- CVs/ Resumes
- Participate in design workshops as needed. May be requested to travel internationally and domestically to participate in design workshops/ sessions/ meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development team and technical specialists, participating in meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned – these may include support for budgets, budget narratives, monitoring and evaluation plans and developing proposal annexes
Minimum Education/ Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience (eight years). Master’s Degree in Education, Health, International Development, governance, journalism, communications, or related technical discipline preferred.
In addition to education or education equivalent, significant work experience with USG solicitation is required; substantive experience in proposal writing for multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered in lieu of USG solicitation experience. Fluency in French or Spanish preferred.
Please identify in your response the following:
- Number of years of proposal writing
- Donors that you have written for
- Editing experience – types of documents and number of years
- Document design experience
- Languages in which you can work – oral and reading – writing is not required
- Experience working as a consultant, responding to client needs
- Current availability levels
- Current daily rate for an 8-hour work day
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Experience working on budgets, budget narratives, monitoring and evaluation plans and other proposal annexes
Consultant will need to provide one of the following credential(s) on file with the state or local jurisdiction in which the consultant resides:
- Business License
- Registered Fictitious Business Name - Doing Business As (DBA)
- State Business Tax Number
- Articles of Incorporation, LLC, or Partnership documents
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and responses to email@example.com by July 13th, 2018.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.