Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is searching for a Consultant for our New Delhi office to work on and further develop the India Green Growth Equity Fund Technical Cooperation Facility (GGEF-TCF) project with project management responsibilities.
The GGEF-TCF is a £6 million project, funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO), to unlock private sector investment into India’s green growth sectors. The project will provide technical assistance through market assessment, market convening, market enabling and market learning. The project will run from 2020 to 2024 in a consortium with PWC India, UK-India Business Council, Arup, Vivid Economics and Energy Unlocked. There will be also be opportunities for the successful candidate to develop other projects within OPM’s growing Natural Resource Energy portfolio.
The successful candidate will be the focal point of integration for the project leadership team, consortium and pool of technical experts. This is an exciting time to join as you will have opportunities to contribute to the growth of OPM’s work on energy and climate change, particularly in India, including through bidding for opportunities, engaging with partners and potential clients, and providing subject-matter expertise as appropriate. You will also be equipped to support the wider OPM India office and global Natural Resources and Energy portfolio while ensuring experience built during implementation of projects is captured and disseminated inside and outside of OPM.
Key responsibilities include (not exhaustive):
- Give direction to the programme team in ensuring programme inputs and deliverables are defined and delivered on time and to quality standards, in close consultation with the Project Director, Team Leader and other programme staff
- Provide all key programme support to ensure quality reporting, forecasting and smooth operational running of the GGEF-TCF. This includes, but is not limited to: preparation of work plans and budgets; sub-contracting; coordination of events, travel and logistics; monitoring and reporting on technical and financial delivery as well as risks; overseeing compliance with safeguarding, health and safety, data protection and other OPM standards; ensuring timely client invoicing and sub-contractor payment; writing of quarterly, annual and ad hoc client reports.
- Coordinate the GGEF-TCF ‘market enabling’ workstream to ensure coherence across project interventions, timely delivery of outputs and collaborations with other green growth actors, in collaboration with senior members of the project team
- Organise and facilitate regular GGEF-TCF project team meetings, recording and tracking completion of actions
- Independently lead on client engagement in all programme management matters
- Depending upon experience, you will manage teams of technical experts working on GGEF-TCF interventions (OPM, consortium and external consultant inputs) in target sectors
- Undertake technical work on GGEF-TCF and other projects with support from senior team members. This could involve desk- and field-based research, interviewing experts, facilitating workshops, managing relationships with government partners, designing surveys, analysing data, report writing and giving presentations. This will be related primarily to projects across energy, climate finance and climate change.
- Lead expressions of interest and proposals for new work opportunities with support from senior OPM staff
- Be an integral part of the NRE portfolio, representing it internally and externally on projects. Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries, taking an active role in developing new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts.
Required skills & experience required to be considered for this role:
- Full and existing right to work in India
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as or similar to politics, economics, energy, climate change or engineering;
- Technical experience of one or more different energy and climate change related issues, such as power markets, distribution, clean energy, bioenergy, fossil fuels, transport sector, electricity storage, energy efficiency, energy transition for cold chains and climate finance
- Work experience in India and ideally within a consulting firm, NGO, think-tank, multilateral or government agency, or private sector firm, ideally on energy and climate change issues;
- Experience of adaptive project management and delivering to client satisfaction, including budgeting, tracking and reporting
- Experience working with or supporting work with senior government officials and aid agencies
- Commitment to building capacity for development with a problem-driven and solution-oriented approach
- Language skills: Fluency in English (mandatory); knowledge of Hindi and/or other regional languages in India (desired)
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, verbally and in writing
- Excellent problem solving, organising and management skills
- Switches comfortably between attention to detail and bigger picture, joined up thinking and approach to providing solutions
- Good at prioritising changing and competing demands and tasks, while consistently delivering quality work
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; collaborative and constructive approach to working with others, building effective relationships internally and externally.
If you meet the skills and experiences detailed above, we would love to receive an application from you. Please submit an application via the website by 23.59pm on the specified closing date.
About the Organization
We are an international development consultancy committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
Working in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, we seek to bring about lasting positive change through analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy in over 100 countries.
We draw on our local and international sector experts, alongside a network of expert associates and dedicated support staff, to provide the very best evidence-based support.