About the organisation
Cardno is a global consulting organisation that manages projects for major donors, delivering aid work in various disciplines such as education, health, governance, resource and environment management and infrastructure. Our work expands across Europe, Latin and North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa. With over 6,000 staff worldwide, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of professional services to improve the physical and social environment
About the program
ASEAN–Australia Counter Trafficking (ASEAN-ACT) continues Australia’s long running collaboration with ASEAN and its member states to end trafficking in persons in our region. The program is a ten year investment principally working with strengthening the justice sector response to trafficking in persons, while opening up new partnerships with allied government agencies, civil society and business. It will engage all 10 ASEAN Member States in some capacity and will continue national-level programming in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
About the role
The objective of this short-term consultancy is to collate relevant information to describe the situation prior to the implementation of ASEAN-ACT, i.e. at the end of the previous initiative, AAPTIP and the situation during the 2019 inception phase of ASEAN-ACT.
Areas of Responsibility
This baseline report will include country-level information and ASEAN information. It will involve desk work and research of secondary sources, in addition to collation/summary of information collected by ASEAN-ACT during the inception phase. The Consultant - Baseline Study will:
- Develop a workplan and baseline study methodology and report outline/content in consultation with ASEAN-ACT
- Conduct desk study, research secondary sources and collate information collected by ASEAN-ACT
- Analyse, synthesise and summarise information collected
- Write baseline study report in accordance with agreed outline/content
- Other duties as requested
Please copy and paste this link: https://bit.ly/2U2eRfz to access further details on the role including an outline of the key responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Over 10 years’ experience in development-related area, program design, program management, or program implementation
- Strong research skills and experience
- Ability to provide clear, succinct, and quality report
- An excellent understanding of trafficking in persons, labour migration and social issues within the ASEAN region
- Strong analytical, verbal, and report writing skills in English
- Post graduate education in a related field
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge and experience of Australian Government development programs and reporting requirements
How to Apply?
Interested applicant must submit:
- A proposed baseline study methodology of not more than 4 pages and
- A curriculum vitae.
Applications close on 5PM Bangkok time, 29 March 2020 (Sunday).
Applicants should clearly indicate ‘Consultant - Baseline Study’ in your e-mail title and submit to email@example.com. Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates under positive consideration will be notified.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our International Development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include relevant criminal record checks.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.