Consultant will be expected to have the skills, qualifications, experience, education and general expertise necessary to provide subject matter expertise on community dialogue and conflict transformation with a focus on community security for a pilot program. The subject matter expert(s) will contribute conflict transformation and community security expertise to early program planning, initial activity implementation, including training of local staff and partners, and refinement of programming. Specifically, the required qualifications for this agreement are:
- 10+ years’ experience working in conflict transformation/resolution;
- 5+ years’ experience as a conflict transfer/trainer/expert or other similar role;
- Demonstrable and direct experience in development of community dialogue processes and activities, ideally in Middle Eastern and/or conflict riven communities;
- Familiarity with the roles of police and internal security services in authoritarian environments;
- Experience working in the Middle East;
- Proven experience developing practical assessment and associated workplans;
- Experience developing and delivering needs assessments, training, and process facilitation; and
- English language fluency.
- Advanced or native Arabic language highly desirable
Estimated Level of Effort: 45 days
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Design and deliver a training curriculum to partners and key stakeholders: The consultant will design and deliver trainings based on findings from needs assessments and other program planning documents. One potential example of a training is to train local facilitators in meeting facilitation, conflict analysis, action planning, mediation, negotiation and advocacy towards development of community security action plans. Training must be interactive to the degree possible and reflective to the realities of the selected community.
- Development of community security civic engagement materials
- Support local research and analysis on conflict dynamics, key stakeholders and general atmospherics in focus communities.
- Suggest local partner organizations and key stake holder participants.
- Other tasks related to the development of a community-based security dialogues as required.
RESULTS AND/OR DELIVERABLES
- Training curricula, training delivery, recommendations of for future activities.
- Civic Engagement Materials, for example, support for up to periodic informational sessions on community security, development of outreach materials for broader public education on community security approaches and principles, media and other dissemination strategies for broader public education on community policing.
- Research and analysis support to identify key local stakeholders, conflict dynamics, and atmospherics.
- Inputs, feedback, and suggestions on potential local partner organizations and stakeholders.
Consultants with the requisite qualifications will be given a blanket consulting agreement under which specific work assignments will be ordered on an ad hoc basis, subject to consultant’s availability. Consultants may be required to compete against other similarly qualified consultants, though generally work will be assigned and negotiated directly with the consultant.