International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.
When catastrophe hits, International Medical Corps is often one of the first humanitarian aid organizations on the scene—providing rapid and effective aid that saves lives, reduces suffering, and promotes self-reliance.
International Medical Corps: provides safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable care; offers needs-based response according to the context and type of Sudden Onset Disaster (SOD) and/or outbreak in the affected nation: adopts a human rights-based approach to their response; ensures it is accessible to all sections of the population affected by the SOD and/or outbreak particularly the vulnerable; and treats patients in a medically ethical manner.
International Medical Corps maintains a roster of volunteers and staff who have completed pre-deployment paperwork, orientation and training. The roster is updated on a regular basis so that information is complete and readily available for an emergency response deployment.
International Medical Corps is in the process of preparing for WHO/EMT certification and building out additional capacity by recruiting roster members in or experienced in Francophone countries.
Purpose of Assignment
International Medical Corps is looking to expand its Emergency Response Roster. in additional Francophone countries. The primary responsibility of this consultant is to identify additional available, applicable recruiting sites; source and qualify interested French speaking candidates andmox advise on future strategies and overall market for recruitment best practices and resources for future recruiting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. Responsibilities include:
- Research new appropriate venues for increasing exposure and posting positions including prominent universities, technical training institutions and professional associations on the Internet, Facebook, LinkedIn Groups, including costs, contacts, and sector focus.
- Confirm licensure requirements for professional and technical roles, e.g. Doctor, Nurses, Pharmacist, MHPSS specialist.
- Post approved advertisements
- Review resumes received from postings and independently sourced candidates for each key roster position.
- Submit resumes of qualified and interested candidates for technical review and approval.
- Conduct phone screens for language capability and suitability for the roster submitting written assessment for consideration.
- Manage and update the recruitment tracker on a regular basis with the approved candidates for the Emergency Response Roster.
- Provide a final report of recruitment including the challenges identified throughout the recruitment process and recommendations for future strategies and opportunities for expansion.
All Consultants are required to adhered to and promote International Medical Corps shared responsibility and obligation to report matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report to International Medical Corps.
· BS degree in Human Resources or related field; or equivalent training and experience
· AIRS or other sourcing training preferred
· Minimum of five years of experience in recruiting or similar HR role, preferably in French speaking country
· Understanding of the humanitarian sector and roles preferred
· Solid experience in consulting or project management
· Solid experience with current candidate sourcing tools and methods
· Excellent understanding of recruitment processes
· Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS)
· Good knowledge of candidate selection methods
· Good understanding of Employer Branding strategies
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
· Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
· Team player
· Good time-management skills
· Understanding of Recruitment Marketing software is a plus
· Fluency in spoken and written English and French
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal consultancy opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.