Employment Type: Consultancy – 2 Months Department: Strategic Partnerships Description:
Lutheran World Relief (LWR) is seeking a consultant with strong business
development skills and knowledge of the Middle East to craft LWR’s business development strategy in the Middle East (specifically Iraq, and Lebanon).
- Build an understanding of LWR’s core global technical competencies, interests and review LWR’s past and current Middle East experience - including programming and challenges to obtaining funding.
- Work closely with an LWR ‘working group’ to map out near future opportunities (1-2 years) for LWR in the Middle East and detail concrete steps to position for these opportunities.
- Identify potential partnerships and lead development of agreements with identified partners on behalf of LWR for immediate opportunities and/or key personnel for specific immediate opportunities, as needed (to be agreed in advance).
- Complete a landscape analysis of donor opportunities.
- Develop a draft business development strategy document for LWR in the Middle East.
- Map out those relationships key to achieving strategy developed referenced above and identify entry points, whether through mapping out connections within LWR’s own network or introducing LWR relationship managers to members of the consultant’s network
- Proposed Approach: The Proposed Approach will describe the consultants understanding of the terms of reference and the methodology the consultant will use. The Proposed Approach will detail the primary and secondary sources the consultant will consult by objective, describe the consultant’s plan to solicit feedback and verification from LWR staff during the assignment, and present the detailed workplan and confirm timing of the deliverables.
- Draft Business Development Strategy: Once primary data collection and informant interviews are completed, the consultant will prepare a draft business development strategy for LWR to include landscape analysis/background and concrete steps as to how to achieve the strategy according to LWR’s template.
- Final Business Development Strategy: The consultant will present the final report in the format agreed to after consultations on the draft report.
The consultant will:
- Have proven experience of working in the region, specifically in developing strategies for INGOS emerging into a new country and with new donors, or supporting the growth of INGOS.
- Be experienced in developing strategic plans for business development with the operational experience to translate strategic plans into operational plans for execution of strategy.
- Be extremely well-networked in the international development field, particularly in the Middle East.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- To start as soon as possible and based in Beirut, Lebanon with potential travel to Iraq, Jordan, and Syria.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com