Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery.
The Gender program is supported by the SIRF, and forms part of Australia’s long-term bilateral development assistance agreed with the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) under the Partnership for Development.
A National Policy on Gender Equality and Women’s Development, the GEWD was developed by the Solomon Islands Government’s Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affair in 2010. The GEWD policy contained five priority outcomes to improve the status of Solomon Island women. Priority outcome 2 of the GEWD policy has eventuated into a development of a National Strategy on the Economic Empowerment of Women and Girls (NSEEWG) which was launched in October 2015. This National Strategy is historic to the Solomon Islands as it was first time for any government of the Solomon Islands to implement a framework to guide the government’s focus on economic empowerment of women and girls.
The National Strategy on the Economic Empowerment of Women and Girls identified five strategies;
1. Gender Mainstreaming in the Resources Sector
2. Financial Inclusion
3. Enterprise Development and Business Training
4. Creating an Enabling environment through Legislation and Policy changes
5. Institutional Strengthening of the Ministry of Women, Youth Children and Family Affairs
Join Cardno in Honiara, Solomon Islands to support the Women’s Development Division (within the Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affair) to review the National Strategy on the Economic Empowerment of Women and Girls (NSEEWG) and draft a new strategy for the Government.
This role also involves:
- Identifying implementation progress and challenges of the NSEEWG including processes in place for coordination, monitoring and implementation of the new Strategy;
- Revising and identifying Women’s Economic Empowerment priorities including those with disabilities, living in rural areas and the elderly;
- Developing a revised NSEEWG strategy
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://www.cardno.com/media/4565/consultant-for-the-review-of-nseewg.pdf
You will be a motivated and proactive Judge with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification in Gender Studies, Sociology, Development, Public Policy, Economics, and/or experience equivalent to another related field;
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in conducting gender policy development review and implementation including policy analysis within a government context
- Sound knowledge of Gender issues particularly Women’s Economic issues in the Solomon Islands.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, consultation and negotiation skills that facilitate timely engagement, leading to effective working relationships and stakeholder ownership of resultant outcomes.
- Proven experience developing practical team/individual work plans, progress reports and assessments of risk including demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing competing priorities and meeting timelines with the flexibility and preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment.
- Extensive experience in Monitoring & Evaluation and the development of rigorous Monitoring and Evaluation plans
- Experience in working on international development programs in the Solomon Islands or in any Pacific Island context, demonstrating cross cultural skills.
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline B, Level 3 (Short-Term Adviser) and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW
Location and travel requirements
The position will be based in Honiara with regular provincial travel required.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the “apply” button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MN/SIRF/CR by Sunday 21st July, 2019. Your application must include the following:
About the Organization
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.