Consultant for the Review of the Solomon Islands Family Protection Act 2014
Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery.
The Gender Program forms part of Australia’s long-term bilateral development assistance agreed with the Solomon Islands Government (SIG) under the Partnership for Development.
The Program works closely with SIG through the Ministry of Women, Youth, Children and Family Affairs (MWYCFA) to improve the status of women though their access to, and share of, productive resources such as Land, Income and Financial services, training opportunities, Enterprise Development Services and Technology contributing significantly to the sustainable development of the Solomon Islands including poverty reduction.
The Solomon Islands Family Protection Act 2014 (“FPA” or “the Act”) came into effect on 1st April 2016. The passing of the Act was a landmark achievement for Solomon Islands as the legislation is the first of its kind in aiming to directly address the extremely high rates of domestic and family violence identified in the 2009 Solomon Islands Family Health and Safety Study.
The Consultant will be required to prepare a report on the operation of the FPA, in accordance with the terms of reference approved by the Family Protection Advisory Council.
The report will be informed by:
- A desk review of primary and secondary materials, and
- In country consultations
For further information, please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/2rPdkPg
You will be a motivated and proactive Family Protection/Justice expert with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in law, justice or related discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated experience in justice-related work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in the management and implementation of complex legal and policy projects, including undertaking stakeholder consultation processes, with people from varied professional, cultural and language backgrounds
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Knowledge and experience of working on justice and social issues in a developing country context
- Patience, tolerance, resilience, flexibility and an ability to work autonomously, and in challenging environments with limited resources
This position is classified under DFAT’s Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) as Discipline C, Level 3 and will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience relevant to the role.
To access the ARF rates, please copy and paste the following link: https://bit.ly/2pWN5TW
Location and travel requirements
The Consultant will be required to undertake consultations both in Honiara, and in provincial capitals throughout Solomon Islands.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the “apply” button to submit your application online with the reference number CID/MN/SIRF/FPA by Monday 2nd December. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://bit.ly/2qtaIpU
About the Organization
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.