Background of the Assignment
International Medical Corps has been operating in CAR since 2007, primarily in the north-eastern regions in health region no 5, include Vakaga and Haute Kotto. International Medical Corps remains one of only two International organizations providing health, nutrition and protection assistance in each of these regions. Since 2015, International Medical Corps and Ministry of health strengthened health system in Haute Kotto and Vakaga, improving access to Primary Health Care. In Vakaga IMC support 20 FOSA under Bekou grant and 7 FOSA in Haute Kotto.
Purpose of the Assignment
Under the overall guidance of the IMC Country Director and Medical Director in CAR in CAR, the PBF Manager’s primary duty is to facilitate PBF implementation according to the policy of ministry of health. The main objective of the position is to ensure the proper functioning and technical coordination of the PBF in Health Region No. 5, located in Bria on behalf of and for the account of IMC CAR. The Manager will carry out his / her duties under the responsibility of the IMC Field Coordinator of Health Region 5, located in Bria, and under the supervision of the National Director, and will work closely with the Bangui Coordination Team (Medical Director, Director of Programs and Administrative and Financial Director). In relation to the content of the work, the PBF Manager will work closely with the Management Teams of the Health Region and Sanitary Districts of Haute Kotto and Vakaga.
Scope of the Assignment
- Implement, in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, the PBF program as described in the project document, respecting the separation of responsibilities and functions in a post-conflict context;
- Represent the PBF with the various administrative and health authorities in the region concerned with the Project’s Field Coordinator;
- Monitor progress and obstacles in the implementation of the program;
- Submit to the Director of Programs monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports of activities and propose orientations and / or changes of strategy to achieve the objectives of the project;
- Supervise and guide staff team members and assess their capabilities and performance;
- Actively participate in coaching and training staff;
- Actively participate in the formulation of the regional and national strategy for PBF programs in close collaboration with the coordination and representatives of the regulator;
- Regularly and timely inform the Supervisor of progress and obstacles in the implementation of the program;
- The PBF Manager will train and supervise the verifiers and the health district providers during the training sessions organized by the project;
- He is the direct line manager of all PBF technical staff. In this role, he regularly meets with all members of the team on the operation and implementation of PBF activities;
- Formulate the needs for technical support, studies or research to be carried out in the program for its improvement.
- The PBF Manager will plan and train different actors on the PBF system in Haute Kotto and Vakaga.
- Closely with the health region and the health district authorities, initiate contracts for health facilities.
- Provide a report detailing the above activities due at the end of the mission.
Deliverables Due Date: December 29, 2019 (This may be adjusted depending on the Consultant start date)
Implementation of the Assignment Deliverables
- Planning and training of AAP/IMC team
- Planning and training of ECD and facilities staff on PBF
- Planning and training of CV members
- Contract process
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Doctorate in Medicine and/or MPH
- Experience in using PBF tools
- Strong capacity in SNIS data analysis
- Experience in DHIS2 Software
- Capacity to conduct needs assessment surveys
- Must have good experience working at the district level, as well as at least three (3) years of experience in implementing PBF projects or similar health programs
- Have a good knowledge of the CAR health system or similar health systems
- Have experience or training in PBF and community health would be an asset and especially the index tool
- Proficiency in French and English is essential
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
About the Organization
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.