OPM’s Nutrition Portfolio works on nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programmes and policies. We have extensive experience in evaluating the impact and cost-effectiveness of nutrition programmes, designing and implementing research studies and data collection using quantitative and qualitative methods, enhancing impact of programmes and policies through operations research, design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems and political economy analysis and in nutrition financing and costing. We do this by working in close collaboration with other thematic teams at OPM and our country offices in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
We have opportunities for Consultants and Senior Consultants, for the senior role you will have more responsibility in managing projects autonomoulsy, the size of project will be larger, with more client management and contribution into the bidding process.
- Undertake technical work on OPM consulting and research projects across a range of policy, implementation and research topics related to nutrition.
- Manage small, medium-sized or large projects (depending upon experience) in the Nutrition Portfolio to a high-level of quality, professionalism and rigour
- Actively contribute to the growth of the Nutrition Portfolio by leading the acquisition of new projects
- Contribute to the knowledge creation, thought leadership and dissemination activities that add to the impact of OPM’s work and develops the reputation and reach of OPM’s nutrition portfolio
For the senior role you will also provide strategic direction and leadership to OPM’s existing work on nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive project and build OPM’s work on nutrition. You will contribute to the delivery of senior-level technical inputs, thought leadership, win, manage and deliver new projects.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries, taking an active role in developing new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with other members of the Nutrition Portfolio, other sectoral teams at OPM and OPM’s International Offices
- Provide technical support and guidance to other members of the Nutrition Portfolio
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following technical competencies and experience:
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (public health, nutrition, economics or other appropriate social science discipline)
- Demonstrated expertise and experience of working on topics related to nutrition
- Ideally, a good understanding of project management and experience of managing projects.
- Demonstrated track record of writing for an external professional audience of various technical levels (e.g. policy briefs, technical notes, peer-reviewed publications).
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of working in low and middle-income countries, and ideally working with government, and/or international agencies in Pakistan.
And, will have the following interpersonal skills and approach to work:
- Use initiative and approach problems in a positive and constructive way, such as high levels of flexibility to changing demands and shifting priorities.
- The ability to work independently and requesting support when required
- Use time effectively, able to manage competing priorities, work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines to a high standard.
- A productive and collegiate approach to working as part of a team and the ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-sectoral teams in challenging environments both in-country and remotely.
- Desire and flexibility towards overseas travel for short-term assignments.
To submit an application please fill out the form online and submit the requested documents. We cannot accept applications submitted via email. Please note you will only be considered for the role if you have the right to work in Pakistan without requiring a permit and are able to work from the Islamabad office.
About the Organization
Oxford Policy Management is committed to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve growth and reduce poverty and disadvantage through public policy reform.
We seek to bring about lasting positive change using analytical and practical policy expertise. Through our global network of offices, we work in partnership with national decision makers to research, design, implement, and evaluate impactful public policy.
We work in all areas of social and economic policy and governance, including health, finance, education, climate change, and public sector management. We draw on our local and international sector experts to provide the very best evidence-based support.