Project Overview and Role:
Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ strengthens health systems through evidence-informed policies, sustainable health financing, improved governance, and leadership and advocacy toward Sustainable Development Goals. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems. Its efforts emphasize voluntary, rights-based health programs, and strengthening in-country partners’ capacity in policy, advocacy, governance, and finance. To date, HP+ has worked in 46 countries, helped mobilize US$1 billion in additional investments in health services, collaborated with more than 1,140 partner organizations, and contributed to the development, adoption, or strengthening of more than 115 policies, operational strategies, and legal and regulatory frameworks.
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. With USAID’s support, the HP+ project is undertaking efforts in Honduras and other countries to help governments and stakeholders respond more efficiently and effectively to COVID-19. In Honduras, HP+ is seeking a consultant to conduct a Rapid Critical Care Facility Assessment to evaluate the readiness of hospitals receiving equipment to provide care to COVID-19 patients. The assessment may occur at the national or subnational level, or a combination of both.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
For this consultancy, these responsibilities are illustrative and are subject to finalization with the Secretaría de Salud (SESAL). The consultant will carry out these tasks in collaboration with SESAL, local and international partners, and HP+.
- Review the Critical Care Facility Assessment Tool (CCFAT), adapt the tool to address local context needs, and document changes for consistent implementation across assessed facilities
- Confirm data collection plan within two days of signing of the consulting agreement
- Communicate and schedule on-site interviews in coordination with the HP+ Country Core Team
- Conduct on-site interviews with key staff, such as hospital directors/manager, ICU physicians/nurses, biomedical engineers, anesthesia providers, etc. using the CCFAT
- Submit completed questionnaires and notes as each facility assessment is completed.
- Carry out survey data collection -both quantitative and qualitative-through adequate use of the CCFAT in approximately 15 hospitals across the country in alignment with the data collection plan
- Manage entry of all data from the CCFAT
- Enter all data gathered into a database
- Provide weekly status updates on work progress to HP+ Country Core Team and participate in virtual meetings with HP+ HQ team
- Conduct appropriate data cleaning and data processing to submit a final and complete dataset to HP+
- Deliver all final materials, records, notes, and data to HP+
- Analyze data and provide recommendations to HP+ Country Core Team for validation
- Produce final assessment report
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with SESAL and related government entities as well as international and local partners.
- Work closely with HQ HP+ technical staff on the implementation of activities.
- Preferred applicants possess university degree in public health or related field
- Experience with qualitative data collection methods, such as key informant interviews and focus group discussions
- Experience in data collection using electronic tools
- Experience in work process and data flow analysis and taking action to address needed improvements
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience supporting management and program staff to define appropriate ways to visualize data
- Demonstrated ability to work with MOH officials and staff from partner organizations
- Excellent communication and facilitation capabilities, with the ability to work alone as well as with multidisciplinary teams
- Weekend work may be required, and some evening work to be expected.
- Must have Spanish equivalent to a native speaker and fluency in spoken and written English.
- Reports to HP+ Technical Regional Coordinator in collaboration with HP+ Activity Manager.
- Must have access to electronic device(s) for data collection
- Location within country is to be determined.
- Relevant Education - 20% weighting
- Relevant Experience - 50% weighting
- Financial proposal - 30% weighting
To submit your application, please email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evidence of previous similar assessments
- Financial proposal including
- Daily rate
- Direct costs for transport and accommodation
- Plan of assessment before the assessment is conducted.
- Submit a final report in draft for comments summarizing assessment findings in hard and soft copy.
- Submit a final report
- Final data set including data for all the hospitals in a database.
- A filled and signed data form for each hospital attached to the final report in hard and soft copy as annexes