The Adventist Development and Relief Agency’s (ADRA) Network Education Technical Learning Lab (ETLL) commissions a consultant to document it’s Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) model, which focuses on strengthening formal TVET institutions in fragile/post-conflict countries. The consultant will develop a case study paper, capturing the key methodologies which have led to impact and change within the TVET component of the Strengthening Equity, Access and Quality in Education (SEAQE) programme funded by NORAD, in the countries of Somalia and Myanmar.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of this case study paper is to document ADRA’s approach to TVET in Myanmar and Somalia, and it’s contribution to developing, supporting and/or strengthening the formal and informal TVET system in fragile/post-conflict countries. One of the major outcomes of this assignment will be to disseminate the specific approaches and lessons learned within the broad ADRA Network for possible scale up or replication of the approaches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Select the methodological approach and data collection tools for the case study paper
- Review of secondary data e.g. existing TVET projects, TVET sector in country, etc.
- Develop the TVET case study paper.
- Ensure the quality of all deliverables in ToR, as well as their timely submission.
ETLL Chair and Co-Chair
The ETLL Chair and Co-Chair are responsible for:
- Facilitate the development of the case study paper
- Define the terms of the consultancy, expectations of consultant, scope and timeline.
- Sign off on the final case study paper
ADRA Country Offices
Support consultant to develop a good understanding of the in country ADRA TVET approach:
- Engage in discussions on the methodological approach with the consultant
- Proactive role in providing relevant project documents for the case study paper
- Collect additional data requested by the consultant, if required
- Contribute to the write up of the case study providing contextual knowledge on the local ADRA office, the country and the programme, if requested
- Participate in the review and finalization process of the case study document.
Good knowledge and understanding of:
- The TVET sector in the development and emergency contexts
- Best practices adopted by NGOs, INGOs and other government agencies in the TVET sector
- The SDG 4, in particular, the TVET component for critical analysis
- Robust analytical and writing skills
- Fluency in English (written & oral)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity of team-orientation work
- At least 5 years of proven experience in research and analysis of the TVET sector in an international development context working with NGOs, INGOs and/or government agencies
- MA/PhD in International Development, Education, Politics, International Studies, or other relevant areas
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
Interested Firms/Individuals should send the requested documents to ETLL Chair, Sabrina Quadros, at firstname.lastname@example.org and ETLL Co-Chair Milimo Ninvalle, at email@example.com, before June, 27th 2018.
- Cover letter detailing the firms/Individual suitability for the assignment and current contact information.
- Detailed proposal including technical and financial and detail profiles/CVs of key person(s) to be involved at any stage.
Due to urgent need of the consultancy, proposals will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the consultancy before the closing date.
Only short-listed consultants will be contacted
Note: This consultancy is open to both individuals, group of individuals as well as consultancy firms having the requisite skills/experience are eligible candidates are encouraged to apply. The above mentioned tasks to be performed are intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be modified following discussion with the selected consultant or firm.
About the Organization
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh‐day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
ADRA International is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such we have the right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church in the hiring process. In the event that a qualified SDA candidate is not found, we will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand, respect and honor the mission, purpose, and identity of ADRA International.