CDC DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS (CDS), an NGO based in Washington, DC, will be managing an international corporate volunteer program in Valparaíso, Chile scheduled to take place from March 15 to April 13, 2013. CDS is seeking a seasoned consultant currently residing in Valparaíso to help design the program as well as provide project and logistical support to the selected team of corporate volunteers. Project work will begin in mid-January 2013.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Identify and select local clients (mostly NGOs) and develop scopes of work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention they solicited;
- Participate in weekly conference calls, in English, with corporate volunteers;
- Coordinate the Welcome and Final Event(s) for volunteer groups and participating clients;
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation for volunteers in Valparaíso as needed on arrival and for the duration of their stay;
- Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Valparaíso;
- Manage assignment, work, and travel logistics for volunteers while they are in Valparaíso;
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between CDS and our partners in Valparaíso;
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for volunteers and troubleshoot on problems they may face;
- Correspond with CDS headquarters program staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and our partners;
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for volunteers when they are in Valparaíso;
- Participate in the regular evening meetings with corporate volunteers;
- Prepare Valparaíso-related guides and guidance for team reports;
- Prepare financial and final program reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in international relations, communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related;
- Experience in project management and in leading multicultural groups;
- Currently residing in Valparaíso [Do not apply if you are not a resident of Valparaíso];
- Detailed oriented and people oriented;
- Experience with group security and travel logistics and coordination thereof;
- Exposure and experience in NGO sector a plus;
- Excellent proficiency in English and Spanish;
- Interest in sustainable development and corporate social responsibility.
** Consultant must be available and willing to work March 25– 28, 2013 during Holy Week**
To apply, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional References
About the Organization
CDC Development Solutions (CDS), a Washington, DC based non-profit organization has more than a decade of experience designing and implementing supplier development programs around the globe, using our local content development methodology to maximize economic opportunities for small and medium size businesses in emerging markets through access to the global supply chain.