Cardno is an infrastructure and environmental services company with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure. Our team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. We have both global breadth and local knowledge. Innovative models and approaches permeate who we are as development practitioners - working with the intimacy of a small business, harvesting the network and impact of a global firm.
We are seeking financial experts to help us grow our portfolio of international projects. This includes short-term technical assignments focusing on financial markets, access to finance, infrastructure financing, blended finance and private sector engagement.
- Analyze countries’ financial markets and private sector access to finance and develop solutions.
- Research and analyze opportunities to apply blended finance to increase debt and equity finance in developing economies.
- Help develop services to offer clients to solve access to finance issues and increase private sector investment, including means to adjust risk-return profiles for equity investments and debt financing.
- Assist on upcoming bids for donor-funded projects involving financial markets and access to finance.
- Deliver high-quality service on time and within budget.
- Expertise in finance, including equity and debt finance, in a developing economy context.
- Experience developing and implementing finance solutions in developing economies, including in Africa.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with donors and development institutions, primarily USAID and MCC.
- Knowledge of other bilateral and multilateral donor organizations working within access to finance and development finance.
- Experience working with blended finance.
- Strong relationships and relationship-building capacities within the USG foreign assistance community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments and trends in USG foreign assistance and funding sources.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno’s International Development Division supports a variety of donors and clients through service lines including Governance, Health, Economic Growth, Public Finance Management, Infrastructure & Environment, Social & Environmental Impact Management, Education, Post-Conflict & Fragile States, Agriculture & Rural Development, Climate Change, Gender & Inclusion, and Market Linkages & Trade.
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about our work.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.