The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is preparing an offer for the EU funded tender: “Technical and Logistical Assistance for the Organisation of the Policy Forum on Development (2021-2023)” in Brussels.
The purpose of this service contract is to assist the European Commission in facilitating spaces for dialogue (in-person and virtual) and consultations at global and regional level with civil society networks, associations of local authorities and EU institutions and Member States, mainly through the Policy Forum on Development (PFD),ad hoc consultations; and to provide regular updates on policy issues raised by civil society and associations of local authorities and contribute to the drafting of background papers, upon demand.
More specifically, the main objectives of the project will be:
1. To assist the European Commission in its dialogue with civil society networks and associations of local authorities, mainly through the preparation, facilitation and reporting of the PFD sessions in 2021-2023, at global and regional level (in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, the European Neighbourhood and Europe), and in other thematic and ad-hoc policy exchanges and consultations mainly with members of civil society and local authorities. This includes the improvement, maintenance and animation of the PFD’s web presence as a space for on-going dialogue and consultation.
2. To assist the European Commission with the logistical organisation of up to 6international events per year in 2021-2023.
3. To assist the European Commission with the monitoring of policy positions of civil society organisations and associations of local authorities and contribute to the drafting of short background papers, and updates upon demand.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent 3 years of work experience in politics/international relations/ development cooperation/EU policies and programmes;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills: sound experience in managing complex multi-stakeholders’ processes oriented towards consensus building (knowledge of the past EC consultation processes such as, inter alia, the Structured Dialogue is an asset);
- Excellent knowledge of participatory methodologies: sound experience in organising seminars/workshops and in facilitating discussions;
- Consistent experience in training design and delivery;
- Good knowledge of EC procedures related to CSO and LA involvement in EC cooperation;
- Fluency in English, French and/or Spanish, both spoken and written;
- Together, the two senior experts (no. 1 and 2) will be perfectly fluent in English, French and Spanish, both spoken and written
- Computer literacy, able to produce power point presentations.
General professional experience
- Preferably 10 years of professional experience in development cooperation, out of which at least 3 years of combined field experience in development cooperation and facilitation of workshops and trainings in EU partner countries;
Specific professional experience
- Excellent experience in preparing, facilitating and reporting back from international multi-stakeholders consultations/dialogues involving, among others, civil society organisations and/or local authorities, governmental and/or intergovernmental stakeholders;
- Excellent experience in design and delivery of trainings on development related topics;
The intended starting date is December 2020 and the project duration is 36 months.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.