Are you interested in working for an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations worldwide?
Driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence, we help our clients create value, protect value & manage risk, even in the most complex or challenging environments
The Content Editor supports the delivery of the E&L Learning Strategy and Plan. The Evaluation & Learning (E&L) programme for the UK Prosperity Fund (PF) will produce a substantial number of evaluation reports, and a diverse range of associated knowledge products which may include full reports, briefs, info graphics, presentations, videos, email newsletters, webinars, etc. The Content Editor is responsible for sub-editing evaluation reports, to ensure they comply with a broadly-defined house style, and for generating some content themselves (e.g. writing articles summarising findings on a particular theme from different evaluation studies).
This is a two year fixed term contract initially.
The Content Editor reports to the Learning Lead, and will also support that person in liaising with a wide range of PF stakeholders (e.g. programme managers, based in the UK and in UK embassies overseas), in order to understand their learning needs. The Content Editor works alongside a Digital Communities Manager, who manages the E&L web portal, related technologies and communities of interest. They may also need to contract and manage the inputs of freelance technical writers if there are peaks in demand at particular moments. Specific responsibilities include:
- Sub-editing evaluation reports produced by the various technical evaluation teams
- Produce knowledge products, which may include summary full reports, briefs, info graphics, presentations, videos, email newsletter, webinars, etc.
- Producing and / or sub-editing corporate communication produces, which may involve press releases, formal letters, speeches.
- Commissioning knowledge products (e.g. a blog article) from the technical evaluation experts, and sub-editing their outputs
- Mapping credible evidence providers related to PF programmes external to the E&L team.
- Working with the Digital Communities Manager to ensure that finalised knowledge products are uploaded to the E&L web portal in sync with the repository within the external Prospero tool
- Ensuring that knowledge products are supportive of the overall E&L Communications strategy and the standards and principles it sets out.
Liaison, and understanding learning needs
- Supporting the Learning Lead in understanding and anticipating changing stakeholder organisational learning needs and opportunities at programme, fund and government levels to develop appropriate knowledge products.
- Supporting the Learning Lead in the generation of materials and the harvesting of knowledge for organisational learning processes (workshops, peer learning, annual reflection).
- Monitoring uptake of knowledge products, and stakeholder feedback, and using this to adjust the editorial programme accordingly
Required knowledge, experience and attitudes
The ideal candidate:
- Will have excellent technical writing / editing skills, and 10+ years’ experience in journalism, communications, technical writing, or a comparable role
- Experience in drafting content in a range of different formats, and for different audiences, e.g. gained in a marketing communications role
- Excellent knowledge of digital publishing technologies, and experience working with IT technical teams
- Curiosity and drive to understand the diverse learning needs and opportunities of different stakeholders
- Experience of liaison with content users and analysis of use metrics to understand their needs and preferences and adapt content / formats in response to feedback
- Ideally have some knowledge of international development issues including evaluation and learning terminology
Have the confidence to engage at a senior level with PF stakeholders in UK and HMG country offices
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
About the Organization
At WYG, our vision is clear: To inspire our clients and our people to create positive change through our imagination and expertise. Resourceful, confident and authentic, we promise unique solutions, and we deliver every time. The qualities we share help us match the impact of far bigger consultancies - from client focus and collaborative spirit, to strategic and ethical thinking.
As a leading socio-economic and technical consultancy, we help to improve the quality of life for people from Central and Eastern Europe to Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
WYG International is a leading international development consultancy, catalyzing change in societies to improve the quality of life of people throughout the world. Our projects are donor funded and support economic and social reform, wealth creation, good governance and the rule of law, as well as delivering improvements to the built environment and infrastructure.