This is a role on our recruitment and careers team reporting to the Director of our Careers Platform. The right candidate is an excellent writer with experience in online media and strategic content development. If you’re not already a development careers whiz, don’t worry - you’ll learn the industry inside and out alongside an international team who lives and breathes telling the story of ‘how’ individuals interested in jobs with impact can connect with organizations in development, global health, humanitarian assistance and philanthropy who are leading the charge to solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
What you’ll do here
What kind of impact will you make? As Content Strategist - Careers with Impact, you’ll have the opportunity to…
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Create a content strategy by defining relevant topics, generating the majority of content to support the strategy and sourcing the writing to topical experts - freelancers, contract writers
- Manage a monthly editorial calendar and process to source, edit, organize, repackage and and publish new content using multiple channels
- Own direction of our digital and offline events for job seekers by identifying topics and sourcing experts who can help job seekers understand the hiring landscape and find their next job in development
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Get to know our jobs platform products - generate content for and help shape the product roadmap for our organizations and candidate databases
- Use Google Analytics and custom dashboards to sharpen your work. Understand how to spot an opportunity (or know when to walk away from one) based on what the data is telling you.
- Develop an expertise in careers and recruitment for jobs with impact in international development, global health, humanitarian assistance and philanthropy
- Thoroughly understand the competitive landscape and work tirelessly to generate content that has impact–whether it’s communicating our message in text, audio, video, or infographic.
Here are the indicators that this could be a good role for you:
- 5-7 years experience in a similar position
- Experience with creating and planning compelling content strategy
- Undergraduate degree
- Work Authorization
- Native or near-native level of English OR Excellent communication skills in English
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in:
- We’d love to see you have experience in international development, job boards or media organizations.
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few extra benefits we offer:
- Two, week-long Devex-wide breaks
- 15 days of holiday
- 2 YAY days
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
At Devex, our vision is to do more good for more people in the global development community. We’re a media platform that connects 1+ million development professionals with news, jobs, content series, events, and funding.
When you become a Devexer, you’re not only joining a global company but a team of 120+ passionate people who value our guiding principles:
- We champion global development professionals.
- We focus on impact.
- We embrace transformation.
- We work together.
- We feel urgency.
Are you looking to join a team that has an impact-driven and teamwork-focused culture? Do you love to be detailed-oriented, make data-driven decisions, and passionately serve our community of job seekers and recruiters within the international development community? Join us!