World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Content System and Curation Specialist, you will configure and launch a new Digital Asset Management (DAM) system. Additionally, you will be responsible for determining which content has high reuse value for the World Vision Partnership and highlighting this content to World Vision staff. Now that a new system has been selected, you will be responsible for assisting with the executing the configuration of the system, the migration of assets from old systems to the new system, the curation and organization of existing content by retagging assets as needed, the training of staff on how to use the new system, and the overall change management process after launch.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, information science, computer sciences, library science, multi media studies, or other relevant discipline.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Demonstrated ability in photo and video curation; able to identify compelling / powerful images, videos and other narratives.
- One - two years of business experience working with digital libraries or content management systems, preferably in non-profit organization.
- Experience in working with all types of multimedia formats.
- Demonstrated experience in cataloging, indexing and use of digital library / archive metadata standards.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 MAR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.