The goal of CLAimHealth is to improve the health of underserved Filipinos through the effective implementation of USAID’s Health Portfolio. CLAimHealth can achieve this by generating and using high quality monitoring and evaluation data, as well as through continuous learning and adapting to changing contexts and new knowledge. CLAimHealth will complement performance monitoring information available to USAID’s Health Office with context and complexity-aware information that focuses on predictable and unpredictable conditions and external factors relevant to USAID’s results framework, Health Portfolio, and theory of change. CLAimHealth will assist USAID to integrate all three types of monitoring, into the continuous learning and adapting process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft a Context and Complexity-Aware Monitoring Plan for USAID’s Health Portfolio.Prepare a plan for Context and Complexity-Aware Monitoring based on suggestions from the CLAimHealth team. The plan should specify:
- Context monitoring
- Recommend specific “information on local conditions that may directly affect implementation and performance or external factors that may indirectly affect implementation and performance (economic, social, or political conditions)”, including indicators for quantitative data.
- Specify sources and how information will be collected for the three periods. Include data quality issues when appropriate.
- Consider developing a trends analysis approach that gathers sector, macroeconomic data on a regular basis; context data can be specialized and requires specialized skills
- Complexity-aware monitoring
- Select complex aspects of a project or strategy identified by the CLAimHealth Team. The team will identify complex aspects in which cause-and-effect relationships are unclear, or the operating environment is constantly changing. Complexity-aware monitoring can follow-up on 1) outcomes outside of those desired and documented by the project planners, 2) alternative causes of outcomes, and 3) a fuller range of non-linear pathways of contribution. For example, unique conditions in Mindanao might merit complexity-aware monitoring.
- Based on the elements identified above, clearly outline recommended approaches selected from the USAID Complexity-Aware Monitoring discussion paper (see Box)
- Specify sources and how information will be collected for the three periods.Include data quality issues when appropriate
- Reporting Format.Develop a report format for brief and succinct reporting that is easily digestible by a wide array of stakeholders.
- Finalize the Context and Complexity-Aware Monitoring Plan.Incorporate feedback from the vetting and review process.
- Collect data, analyze data and prepare Context and Complexity-Aware Monitoring Reports. Collect and analyze data in accordance with plan. Develop three Context and Complexity-Aware Monitoring Reports in agreed upon format.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant discipline but with a health focus (health, public health and management, economics, public policy, development studies, social sciences)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in consulting for and/or managing public health programs, health system reforms, and/or development programs in the Philippines. Knowledge and experience in USAID-supported health programs is desirable.
- Proficiency in analysis, interpretation, and/or modeling/forecasting of economic or statistical data, as well as triangulation with qualitative data
- Excellent communication skills in English and Pilipino, and excellent writing skills in English.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.