With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of a Contract Management Specialist for the upcoming Emerging Smallholder Facility of the Commercial Agriculture for Smallholders and Agribusiness programme (CASA). This programme will support agribusinesses in DFID priority countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia that have received impact investment through the provision of technical, analytical and advisory services to increase their engagement with smallholder farmers. The Contract Management Specialist will support the efficient implementation of technical, analytical and advisory services to agribusiness to increase their engagement of smallholder farmers. Reporting to the Team Leader at CowaterSogema’s Pretoria Office in South Africa, the Contract Management Specialist will apply their skills in project and financial management toward work with agribusinesses and agribusiness investors (including commercial and impact investors) to increase smallholder engagement in commercial value chains.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in economics, business or finance or similar with demonstrated knowledge of commercial agriculture and agribusiness investments.
- At least 5 years of experience working with commercial investors, Development Finance Institutions, and/or impact investors in commercial agriculture and/or agribusiness investment projects in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South Asia;
- Experience in large scale project and financial management
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Experience of working on donor-funded projects, would be an advantage.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (speaking, writing and oral) in English;
- Ability to manage a large scale technical advisory inputs into an agri-business investment project;
- Demonstrated financial and project and management skills;
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- Contemporary knowledge of commercial agriculture, agribusiness, and smallholder farmer development in Africa and/or Asia;
- Experience with DFIs such as CDC (and its fund managers), Proparco, DEG, OPIC etc.; impact investors such as Root Capital and Acumen; and/or early-stage investors such as AgDevCo and Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund is preferred.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.