VSO is a global voluntary organisation whose mission has been to bring people together to fight poverty through the lasting power of volunteering.
Voluntary Service Overseas is looking to identify an organisation or evaluation team to undertake an independent mid-term and final evaluation of the volunteering for development (VfD) grant, implemented between 2017 and 2020. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced / qualified organisations.
The evaluation will serve a number of overall purposes. These are to:
* Generate evidence and learnings for VSO to understand, review and adapt its delivery of the VfD grant to better support poor and marginalised people
* Provide accountability to DfID on its investment in VSO’s VfD work in accordance with the grant agreement
* Contribute to the wider volunteering for development sector’s knowledge and best practices on the relational approach to development to improve standards and quality of programme delivery
* Demonstrable experience in conducting and managing multi-country evaluations in the international development field
* Demonstrated experience in conducting mid-term and final evaluations as supported by examples of past work and references
* Team Leader should have a minimum of a Master’s degree (ideally a PhD) in social science or other relevant expertise and minimum twelve years’ experience in undertaking international and cross-cultural evaluation
* Evaluation team members should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social science or related expertise and minimum seven years’ experience in undertaking international evaluations
Expressions of interest: all expressions of interest must be received by VSO by 2 August 2018 and must be submitted electronically (emailed) to the following email address: The EOI must include a contact name, company name, company address, phone number and email address.
Tender documents: tender documents will be sent to those who expressed an interest shortly after the close of the EOI period.
Anticipated contract start date: 1 October 2018
VSO reserves the right not to award a contract.
Location(s): England - Surrey - Kingston upon Thames
About the Organization
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.