Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Accounting and Finance team as our Contracts Accountant. As a Contracts Accountant, you will be responsible for carrying out routine accounting activities that ensure smooth daily operation of the Accounting and Finance unit and support project implementation teams.
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys working on a team, has a strong work ethic, works with a high degree of professionalism and is passionate about the work our projects are doing. Dependability and strong attention to detail are needed as the position requires oversight of a wide range of large and small tasks.
What you will do:
* Prepare and submit monthly invoices for USAID Contracts utilizing Oracle software
* Prepare document templates for newly-awarded USAID projects
* Ensure that all client invoices are billed accurately, consistently within award requirements and on a timely basis
* Research and resolve billing issues with external and internal clients
* Review and process monthly field accounts utilizing Tetra Linx, Excel and QuickBooks
* Perform required monthly project reconciliations (site, bank, petty cash, advances, etc.)
* Review field office documentation for eligibility, accuracy and completeness
* Participate in internal and external audits
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
* 4 years of work experience in office environment required
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and to cooperate effectively in a team environment
* Excellent MS Office suite skills
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* High level of reliability and follow-through
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment
* Must be an energetic and enthusiastic team player and a self-starter
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement
To be considered, please submit the following in your application:
*A Cover letter expressing your interest in this position
*A current CV
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.