Banyan Global is a growing international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global works seamlessly in six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
The Banyan Contracts and Operations Officer provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support to assist in the implementation of Banyan Global’s worldwide projects. This position is ideal for a candidate with at least three years of experience in international development, who is looking for their next step of career growth and wants to deepen their experience starting up and supporting a large field program and increase their knowledge in the health, gender, and economic growth fields. This position reports directly to the Director, Contracts & Operations and is based in Washington, DC. Candidates must have either U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or a current U.S. work permit.
- Lead and oversee day-to-day operations for a portfolio of assigned contracts and/or subcontracts.
- Oversee operational policies, procedures, and compliance on a large field-based prime USAID-funded project.
- Provide contracting support for subcontractors and consultants.
- Travel to field projects for start-up, close-out and ad hoc operations visits as needed.
- Work with project team to support deliverable development.
- Oversee project financial management for portfolio, including budget development and analysis, support program management and program coordination staff with pipeline development.
- Assist the Director and Manager of Contracts and Operations with the development of trainings for junior staff in field operations, USAID rules and regulations, and other USG compliance.
- Assist with cost proposal development as needed and as time permits.
- Assist with finance duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior USAID experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, International Development, or related field. Masters’ degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing contracts, finance, and/or operations for USAID contractors.
- Knowledge of USG/USAID regulations including FAR, AIDAR, CFR, and OMB Circulars.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with clients, donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Proficiency in either Spanish or French a plus.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).