* Oversee in Country Registration, reporting and other requirements. Work with Palladium corporate, COO and country teams, as needed to ensure MDF is compliant.
* Ensure that the MDF procurement system is clear, comprehensive and consistent with Palladium’s Procurement Policy and Guidelines and Australia’s Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
* Ensure measures are in place and followed to prevent misuse, inappropriate, or non-allowed use of funds and ensure MDF personnel comply with Fraud and Corruption guidelines.
* Undertake an annual review of the MDF Procurement Manual and communicate all revisions across the Facility in a timely manner.
* Provide technical oversight, advice and capacity-building support to MDF staff regarding procurement and contracting processes and compliance requirements.
* Support country teams and Program Officer to ensure procurement of all goods, services and works are in accordance with policies and processes at both country and facility-wide levels.
* Work with Country Directors, Operations Administrators in all MDF offices and Program Officer to ensure the annual procurement exercise to select preferred suppliers for regularly purchased goods and services (purchased outside of an established contractual relationship) is planned and undertaken well in advance of the expiry of the previous/existing contracts year.
* Support country teams and Program Officer with procurement of contracted services processes (STA, subcontractors, service contractors, panel members) in accordance with policies and processes, including the development of scopes of work, seeking vendors, assessing proposals, awarding contracts, and ensuring delivery of required works services.
Partner Agreement and Contract Management
* Provide advice and overall management of contracts for staff, consultants, and subcontracts.
* Ensure all MDF Partner Agreements, Sub contracts, STA Agreements, vendor / supplier contracts and other legal agreements are quality checked and compliant before submission for approval and signing.
* Maintain records and central database of MDF STAs, subcontractors, vendor / service contractors, panel members and other pre-qualified individuals (e.g. editors), including contract start and end dates, TORs, CVs, references and police clearance certificates. This includes maintaining contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all relevant correspondence, partner contact information sheets, amendments and variations, status reports and other documents.
* Undertake due diligence and compliance check for all facility-wide subcontractors and partners.
Insurance Policy Management
* Work with Country Directors and Operations Administrators in all MDF country offices to ensure coverage is complaint with Head Office requirements, and that the annual quotation exercise to select preferred suppliers for required insurance services is completed at least one month before the expiry of all current contracts.
* Work collaboratively with Operations Administrators to ensure all MDF country office insurance policies, claim forms and process information are current, accurate and are filed locally and centrally.
* Develop, maintain and monitor a Facility-wide office Insurance policy tracker.
Office Lease Management
* Work collaboratively with Country Directors, Operations Administrators and Palladium to ensure any new lease agreements are undertaken in compliance with MDF procurement policies and processes, are reviewed and approved by Head Office, and that supporting documentation is complete and correct.
* Work collaboratively with Operations Administrators to ensure all MDF country office leases and bond payment information are current, accurate and are filed locally and centrally.
* Develop, maintain and monitor a Facility-wide office lease and bond tracker.
* Work collaboratively with Country Directors and Operations Administrators and Palladium to ensure any required lease terminations and/or new leases are managed effectively.
* Work collaboratively with Operations Administrators to ensure all MDF country asset registers are up-to-date and accurate by reviewing them monthly.
* Actively monitor asset procurement, transfer, donation and disposal to ensure all required documentation to support asset register data is accurate and available.
* Provide assets information for insurance purposes as required.
* Provide advisory and capacity-building support to MDF staff regarding ongoing management of assets, including documentation of required maintenance and disposal for all MDF offices.
* Oversee ongoing management of MDF country office asset registers and assets, including documentation of required maintenance and disposal for all MDF offices.
* Other activities as directed by the Chief Operating Officer or other representative(s) of Palladium.
* At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, business administration or commercial law preferred
* Some legal knowledge / experience desirable
* Experience and demonstrated competence with contracting, DFAT procurement systems and processes, Commonwealth Procurement Rules and DFAT Fraud Control guidelines and policies
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* A police clearance certificate
* Experience working across multiple jurisdictions
Location(s): Australia - Queensland - Brisbane
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government-funded initiative currently being implemented in five countries by Palladium. MDF utilises a market systems development approach to connect with private and public sectors players with the ability and leverage to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth.
MDF is a multi-country facility, currently operating in Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Each country has its own country team on the ground, with a Core Leadership Team (CLT) providing strategic, technical and managerial oversight, as well as ensuring effective uniformity and integration with local adaptation of approach and systems across countries.
The Contracts & Compliance Manager supports MDF countries to develop and amend service contracts and ensures adherence of all members of the MDF team to processes and procedures as specified in the relevant MDF manuals, which ensure that the Facility meets its contractual and legal obligations and is compliant with Australian Government Commonwealth Procurement Rules, Palladium and DFAT requirements.