Contracts/Grants Manager, Arlington, VA
MSI seeks a self-starting, motivated team player for the position of Contracts/Grants Manager who will have the responsibility for the contractual administration of designated prime and sub contracts and grants. This position will provide guidance to MSI staff on contractual issues based on knowledge of contractual documents, client regulations, and company policy. Tasks involve, inter alia, the administration of contracts, guiding and advising MSI colleagues in the support of the management of projects, and the development of policies and procedures for contracting/procurement work. This is a full-time salaried position and reports to the Director of Contracts.
- Provides guidance and advice to MSI colleagues on the interpretation of contract terms and conditions and client rules and regulations with minimal oversight, as well and training, guiding and mentoring junior Contracts/Grants team members.
- Takes initiative and provides creative solutions to complex contractual/compliance problems. Works with senior representatives from other departments on organization-wide initiatives and issues.
- Provides contractual/regulatory guidance and ensures contract compliance in accordance with terms and conditions of supported projects, and as a result drafts requests for client approval as necessary;
- Draft procurement documentation, including RFQs/RFPs, evaluation memos, and selection justifications.
- Manages the procurement of goods and services including, but not limited to:
- Draft RFQs, RFPs, RFAs, and Annual Program Statements;
- Manage the selection process during proposal evaluations;
- Negotiate with awardees;
- Draft, review, and finalize the resulting subaward document;
- Remains current on changes within the industry through resource sites, publications, and continuing education, with the ability to provide training and refresher sessions on pertinent topics to MSI staff.
- Prepares, organizes, and maintains contract records and files documenting contract award, modification, performance and compliance;
- Provides contract briefs to document new contract awards, modifications and administrative changes;
- Conduct research to support contract audits and other inquiries;
- Assist with proposals as needed;
- Some international travel may be required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the administration of contracts and grants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. government contracting instruments (experience with USAID contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements a plus);
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. Government regulations (FAR, CFR, etc.) with a specific emphasis on USAID (AIDAR, ADS, etc.);
- Motivated self-starter with a strong attention to detail;
- Proven ability to multitask and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical/research skills;
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or Arabic a plus
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.