International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Director, Contracts & Pricing
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Contracts Manager to work in the Washington, D.C. metro area. This full-time exempt position reports to the Director, Contracts & Pricing and starts immediately. This position is based in our headquarters in Vienna, VA.
Please apply here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2146/contracts-manager/job
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the full cradle-to-grave procurement cycle of IBTCI contracts from the solicitation phase to award through closeout.
- Manage and Mentor contracts, pricing and administrative staff.
- Develop acquisition/procurement packages and related documentation such as Statements of Work evaluation criteria, market research, cost analysis, justifications and approvals.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with Subcontractors, Vendors, and Consultants.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Attend management meetings and contribute to work flow management.
- In conjunction with the Director, Contracts & Pricing, develop and conduct trainings for HO and overseas staff.
- Draft, update, and maintain internal and cross-departmental policies.
- Draft, update, and maintain new and existing contract templates: Independent Consultant Agreements, subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Modifications, and Solicitation packages.
- Educate company staff on contracts and pricing related issues.
- Develop and maintain contract and procurement files.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in an integrated team environment; able to operate independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience with developing acquisition policy, executing contract acquisition packages and manage the acquisition process.
- Excellent reading, writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Ability to serve as a primary point of contract for IBTCI with Government Contracting professionals, as well as
- Self-starter and well-organized.
- Ability to communicate well in person and via email to individuals and small groups of company staff
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment within required deadlines.
- Competency in the areas of negotiation memorandum review including proper cost/price analysis, vendor selection, budget consideration, and special prime contract provisions.
- Experience in the areas of Prime Contract, Subcontract, and Consult Agreement drafting, reviewing, executing, and administering.
- Experience preparing pricing and cost narratives in response to Requests for Proposals a Plus.
- Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS).
- At least 5 years progressive experience in USAID project and contracts management; USAID proposal cost and budget development preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Government service-type cost reimbursable, T&M, and fixed price contracts and grants management.
- Organizational skills are required for this position in order to ensure the record of documentation is filed professionally and accurately for internal and external audit.
- Must be familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the USAID Federal Acquisition Regulations supplement (AIDAR), 2 CFR 200, USAID ADS series, DoS Standardized Regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Government service-type cost reimbursable, T&M, and fixed price Acquisition and Assistance management.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and demonstrated ability to analyze complex contracts clauses.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting, law, or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.