Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., based in Arlington, VA, is seeking a Contracts Manager. The Contracts Manager is independently responsible for the full life cycle of federal contract administration. Primary responsibilities include (1) Independently managing large, complex Federal contracts; (2) providing contractual advice to project offices and Project Managers; (3) ensuring compliance to various regulations, policies and contracts; (4) determining contractual obligations and risk mitigation; and (5) coaching and training Contracts Administrators and Specialists.
- Support technical staff by determining appropriate acquisition instruments based on project requirements.
- Create, modify, and execute purchase orders, subcontracts and independent consultant agreements.
- Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and vendors regarding salary requests, travel, consent to subcontract, contractual revisions, and other contractual matters.
- Draft procurement documentation, including RFQs/RFPs, evaluation memos, negotiations, and sole source justifications.
- Conduct commercial item determinations for procurement of commodities and services.
- Ensure project compliance with government contracting requirements.
- Support Project Managers and global field offices by providing guidance on contractual requirements.
- Manage the contractual start-up and close-out process for global projects.
- Perform cost/price analysis of subcontractor bids and proposals.
- Negotiate subcontracts and client budgets.
- Train field office staff to maintain project inventory of all expendable and nonexpendable items, and provide guidance to them regarding the disposition of equipment during the closeout phase of projects.
- Continuously identify ways to streamline the Contracts departments’ procedures and processes.
- Assist the Contracts Director with annual reviews and updates to manuals, trainings and templates to reflect changes to internal policies and client regulations.
- Perform annual spot checks of home office and field office procurement and contracts files, and provide project staff with solutions to address weaknesses identified.
- Assist the Senior Contracts Manager in completing the quarterly internal review of subcontract files.
- Provide procurement and contracts training to Project Managers, business development, and field office staff.
- Provide contractual advice to junior Contracts team members and/or manage the Contracts Administrators and Specialists.
- Oversee government small business reporting and ensure small business targets are met for global projects.
- Supervise junior team members.
- Support audits
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the International Development field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
- Prior work experience with federal government contracting, preferably with USAID and other donor agencies
- Previous financial and project management experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Registers and USAID Acquisition Regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Excellent negotiating and budgeting skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and proficient in Word
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in a foreign language
Apply for Position
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.