ME&A is recruiting a Contracts Specialist who will be responsible for providing support to the Operations Team and other ME&A teams on as needed basis, in the areas of contracts and compliance on contracts funded by USAID, the U.S. Department of State, and other donor organizations. This is a full-time position located at ME&A’s headquarters in Bethesda, MD. The Contract Specialist will work closely with ME&A Executive Vice President and the Vice President for Operations. He/She will report directly to ME&A’s Vice President for Operations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in international development or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience as a contracts specialist on USAID funded projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Familiarity and experience with USAID regulations and applying FAR and AIDAR
- Familiarity with USAID ADS
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and adaptability
- Language proficiency: Fluency in English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- International travelling will not be, for the most part, required for this position.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Operation Team and other ME&A teams on an as needed basis on the interpretation of contract clauses.
- Draft and negotiate subcontracts and purchase orders
- Draft contract documents, including budgets and supporting memoranda
- Maintain electronic and hard copies of contracts files, contract administrative actions, and contract related correspondence in accordance with U.S. Government standards
- Draft responses to USAID and other clients related to contract administrative actions and required approvals
- Provide advice to ME&A project managers and Chiefs of Parties regarding compliance with contract compliance procedures
- Inform staff of any changes and updates to FAR, AIDAR, and ADS
Applicants must have U.S. Work Authorization
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include economic and community development, public adminstration and governance, and business development and technology transfer.
ME&A specializes in project and performance evaluations. The last year we have completed over 14 successful evaluations throughout the world in a range of topics.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.