Location: Remote OR Mauritius (SoCha will provide 1 one-way, economy class plane ticket and work permit fees, but all other relocation costs at candidate’s expense)
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Business Operations:
- Drafting approval requests
- Track and monitor achievement of contract requirements
- Provide any required backstop guidance to program staff for new and ongoing programs through resolution of regular and special procurement needs associated with waiver requests, budget modifications, local procurement issues, design and development of large or complex grant activities or subcontracts to be implemented in the field, and other issues related to program startup, implementation, and closeout.
- Provide support in liaising with USAID client offices as needed in any meetings with the USAID client (e.g. mission contracting officers, implementing partner procurement officers) to ensure that current procurement policies and procedures are being appropriately applied throughout the startup, implementation, and closeout phases.
- Additional business processes related to the USAID portfolio, as needed.
- Draft internal policies for review by SoCha senior leadership
- Analyze procurement and internal systems to provide advice and determine overall needs/priorities related to A&A issues.
- Review, analyze, and/or interpret A&A statues, regulations, policies, concepts, guidance, or procedures for use in the solution of procurement or contracting problems or the accomplishment of projects or programs.
- Review and refine recommended approach, support and documentation processes, including tool development, if any, for A&A business practices at all phases of USAID award administration including but not limited to documentation on program, financial, and compliance administration of contracts and awards.
- Technical Business Requirements:
- Support as needed capture phases including but not limited to bid analysis, proposal review, cost /pricing/realism, and BAFO.
- Develop and review as needed A&A documents for all components necessary for solicitations, scopes of work, estimated budgets, draft contracts and agreements, and purchase orders to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Due Diligence and Transition:
- Compliance review, guidance and business tool development, if any, related to capture, pre-award, start-up, administration and closeout of USAID contracts and awards.
- Assist in the development and updating of training materials as required for acquisition, assistance and compliance issues.
- Must have 10 years of relevant and extensive contracts and procurement experience with USAID or USAID implementing partners and a proven track record.
- Extensive knowledge of ADS, AIDAR, FAR and other relevant policies and regulations required
About the Organization
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States, and headquartered in Mauritius. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.